Is the 30 day shred?

Options
I think Im going to get the 30 day shred.. Do you guys know if its very high impact? I have very bad kness due to a car accident and have to be very careful with force on the knee. Thanks for the info in advance!

Replies

• fitzerin
    Options
    There is some jumping involved...I have bad knees and it doesn't bother me much...but my husband can't do it because of his knees.
  • kiragami
    kiragami Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I was actually wondering the same thing. My cousin has it and thinks it is awesome. She usually does very low impact workouts. Sounds like it is working out for her. :)
  • Jenn1254
    Jenn1254 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I just started 30DS today. There is a lot of jumping and running in place. I noticed a little twinge of pain in one of my knees but went on with it anyway. They do offer modified versions for a lot of the moves. I really liked the workout and didn't think it was as bad as everyone says when they are cursing Jillian Michaels.
  • flukes9
    flukes9 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    It's got 3 different levels and each level has a low-impact and high-impact version....you can modify almost anything as needed and follow the girl doing the low-impact moves. I love 30-day shred.
  • lkm111
    lkm111 Posts: 629 Member
    Options
    I had to stop after 15 days. I experienced lots of hip and knee pain. I had been doing A LOT of Zumba before trying 30 DS, so it was not because I wasn't ready for it or not able to complete the workout. It was not a good match for me.
  • sarahliftsUP
    sarahliftsUP Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    I just started 30DS today. There is a lot of jumping and running in place. I noticed a little twinge of pain in one of my knees but went on with it anyway. They do offer modified versions for a lot of the moves. I really liked the workout and didn't think it was as bad as everyone says when they are cursing Jillian Michaels.

You just wait til level 2!
  • thefreemans28
    thefreemans28 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    I think you would be fine with the 30 Day Shred as long as you take it easy during the cardio parts, because on Level 1 theres jumping jacks, jump rope (without a rope), and butt kicks... all of which I could see being bad for your knees. However, one of the cardios is where you squat a little and then do rapid punches forward, so you could just substitute that for the ones you can't do. Or if there's something else cardio you know you can do, do that instead. but as for the rest, I think you would be fine!
  • MelissaE27
    MelissaE27 Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    I got it today and love love love it.. it was alittle hard on my knees I couldnt do the jumping jacks but I did the punches instead.. and walked in place.. woohoo new body here I come..LOL
  • maeghanalyson
    Options
    I have RA and I had to change alot of the cardio stuff to a lower impact moves that are not so hard on my joints.
  • hjay07
    hjay07 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    LOVE the 30 Day Shred, and really the whole point is to keep moving- if jumping jacks hurt your knees then just do extra punches!