New here

Options
Hello, I'm new to this site but definitely not new to dieting.

I need to lose a lot of weight and struggle with finding motivation to diet and exercise. I lost 20 lbs over the course of last summer and have managed to somehow keep it off. I was very proud of myself for sticking to an exercise plan and eating healthy and then winter rolled around. I sort of just stopped caring. But I can't handle the low self-esteem and feeling bad about myself. I want to lose more weight. I just want to feel comfortable with myself, not look like a supermodel.

I kept a food and exercise journal last summer which helped me stick to my plan. I think using this site would be even more helpful with getting feedback and motivation. I was looking through the fitness threads and I really like the challenges, that sort of thing appeals to me.

I hope to get to know some of you. Still learning how to use the site but from what I seen so far, this is a fantastic community. :)

Replies

• butterflymedic
    Options
    Welcome! I am new here too. Just started MFP and tomorrow starts week 2. I love the tracking feature, it gives me some self-accountability, and I like that. I am so not an exercise person, although when I used to I felt so much better and didn't look like I do now. Good luck on your journey! :smile:

Laura
  • kathyc727
    kathyc727 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Hello everybody! I just started using this site 5 days ago, & so far I love it. The fact that I have to put down in actual words what I ate each day prepares me to plan better the next day. I started this weight loss journey in mid January & have lost about 10 lbs. so far. It's been an up & down battle & I continue to struggle almost everyday. Any hints, tips, or encouraging words are always welcome.
    Here's to a happier & healthier lifestyle to everyone!
  • silverlotus
    silverlotus Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Thanks!

Writing down what I eat every day does help me to stay on track. I just have to stay disciplined enough to do write everything down. I get discouraged easily so I'm hoping that forcing myself to come to this site every day will keep me focused!

Good luck to you guys, too! :D