Kinects (for Xbox360) fitness games.

Options
My husband and I bought the Kinects souly for the purpose of mixing up our exercising. He's in the Army and does PT(physical trainging) daily. The fitness games are fun and like having a one on one with a trainer, for only one payment of 40 bucks. :tongue:
I hope they will add the games to the choices of exercise, like they have the Wii. Now my husband and I also had the Wii, but barley used it. Even the regular games for the Kinects are a work out. You have to stand and use your entire body to play the game. It's well worth the money.

Replies

• Nikayla11209
    Options
    I love the kinect! I got it for the same reasons and it hasn't let me down yet! Good luck and have fun!
  • sarah44254
    sarah44254 Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    The adventure game that comes with it really had me out of breath, laughing, and sweating for the time I played it. I had so much fun I don't know if it was 20 mins or an hour honestly!!

We also bought Dance Central and Sports. Boyfriend likes the sports game but I think there is too much time between challenges. I want it to go from one to the other boom boom boom. Dance Central is not very intense, but you start to feel it after 10 mins or so. I am quite bad at it and get low scores, so I mostly stay in the 'learn it' stage instead of the 'preform it' stage. Both are rather fun!

I'm really looking forward to something more like a workout dvd for the kinect. It is so great that it watches the way you move, I want to be corrected on my posture and form! How else can I improve? :happy:
  • wygans
    Options
    Ditto for the Kinect. I was trying to find a game for my nieces and nephews and noticed there were more exercise and dance games than anything else.

WHAT IS THE BEST EXCERCISE GAME?

WHICH IS THE BEST DANCE GAME?

The ability to download addtional content is probably the most important feature, especially for dance games (songs get played out quick).
  • ttfadm
    Options
    We just bought one this weekend and we LOVE it!!!!! The personal trainer one is great! My whole family is sore today, lol! I really wish they would add it to the exercises on here as well. The adventure game is a blast and a workout in it's self too. I highly recomend it to everyone. :love:
  • ttfadm
    Options
    Ditto for the Kinect. I was trying to find a game for my nieces and nephews and noticed there were more exercise and dance games than anything else.

WHAT IS THE BEST EXCERCISE GAME?

WHICH IS THE BEST DANCE GAME?

The ability to download addtional content is probably the most important feature, especially for dance games (songs get played out quick).

"Your Shape" is the workout one we got and it is fantastic!
  • Nigel99
    Nigel99 Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    I also bought Your Shape, and have really enjoyed it. Between the gym games, the Fitness Classes, and the Personal Trainer, the workouts can be varied a decent bit. Your Shape does tend to underestimate my calorie burn by 33-50%, so a good heart rate monitor would be a plus.

I love Kinect Sports, and Dance Central. I haven't played Kinect Adventures recently, but I would love to try the obstacle course again since I've been exercising and lost weight. Totally kicked my butt at first, but I'm guessing I wouldn't collapse back on the chair panting nowadays.
  • Girlypeekaboo
    Options
    Kinect Adventures is really fun!! I just recently bought Kinect Sports and Your Shape Fitness Evolved I can't wait to try them out :)
  • Willstephens1
    Willstephens1 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I started using Your Shape Fitness Evolved for a while and thought it wad really good, the only down side is the time you have to wait between workouts. It doesn’t seem to flow very well.

We also got biggest loser. That is much better, you can specify how long a workout you want to do and it just does it for that long, really good.