P90X Classic or Lean?

Options
Hi. Starting P90X and MFP tomorrow. Just need some last minute suggestions. P90x Classic or Lean? I want to loose 10 lbs. I was that weight last summer but just have been eating too much since the holidays. Also want to tone up a little bit and be bathing suit ready. Also I currently work out about 5 days a week. Mostly cardio but every other day ABS and light weights. After I loose the 10lbs I want to maintain. Which one should I do based on the results I want? THANKS

Replies

• asallen7
    asallen7 Posts: 301
    Options
    Lean is for those who are less fit and have more weight to lose. I suggest classic based on the fact that you current work out and don't have much weight to lose.
  • debnu1
    debnu1 Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    I would do lean...There is more cardio and less strength--but it is still a killer. My plan is to do lean and then classic the next 90 days after that...(In about 3 months:bigsmile: )
  • jane77
    jane77 Posts: 489
    Options
    Do the classic you will love your body in a swim suit everything firms up and you'll look a lot smaller because muscle takes up less room.
  • jennyfair24
    jennyfair24 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    Lean is for those who are less fit and have more weight to lose. I suggest classic based on the fact that you current work out and don't have much weight to lose.

I agree :smile:
  • glfprncs2
    glfprncs2 Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    Classic all the way. I believe that "lean" is misnamed. It really should be called "P90X-lite" because it does not contain more cardio than classic P90X. I chose Lean for my first round because I was REALLY out of shape and felt that it was more 'doable' in my current level of fitness. It was a good choice for me because the pushups and pullups in day #1 of classic would have scared me away.

In reality, the only difference is that in lieu of one strength workout each week you do Core Synergistics and instead of PlyoX (which is cardio, cardio, cardio), you do Cardio X which is actually yoga, some kenpo, some plyo and some Core synergistics. Otherwise, the programs are the same.
  • crossarmant
    crossarmant Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Stick with classic since you seem to be in pretty good shape as it is. This program, if followed explicitly, will change your body into a rock hard sculpture.
  • dyiaane
    dyiaane Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys.