Trader Joe's

Options
2»

Replies

• BlkOnyx488
    Options
    I love the wild caught salmon. and their strawberry jam with of course NO HFCS.
    They also sell pre-slice organic apples. they are soooo good. I can't even eat non-organic apples any more.

their Organic fruit juices are good too but of course very high in sugar. however if you have little ones, they are a much better option than national chain juices.

their pasta is great I usally get the whole wheat pasta. and their hormone free bag of chicken is a favorite in our house.
  • evandmegsmom
    evandmegsmom Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    WOW! Thank you sooo much, everyone! Now I am overwhelmed with ideas instead of just being overwhelmed by the store. Really, really grateful for everyone's input. Thanks so much again!
  • Purplegal
    Purplegal Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Oh how I wish we had a Trader Joes closer...I drive to one 45 min away every couple months...I second the frozen veggies, love them all! One thing no one has mentioned yet, they have Brown Rice Tortillas that are SO good and only 130 calories each.
  • lyndsloo
    lyndsloo Posts: 242
    Options
    EDAMAME!!!!! TRY IT....AMAZING!!!!
  • c7eat2live
    c7eat2live Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    Im obsessed with Trader Joes. we have two close to me in my city and I honestly go there more than Whole Foods, Vitamin cottage and sunflower combined.

my list ALWAYS includes:

apples
    bananas
    oranges
    broccoli
    baby carrots
    cauliflower
    spinach
    pineapple (a big fresh raw one :)

organic nonfat greek yogurt (the BEST greek yogurt around in my opinion)
    Pizza Olympiad (in the frozen section)
    laughing cow cheese
    whole wheat pita
    chunky olive hummus
    frozen fruits and veggies (organic when possible)
    ezekiel bread
    earth balance spread
    chocolate milk (special after workout treat :)
    tofu
    Fetzer Reisling
    organic canned beans
    read quinoa
    organic brown rice (frozen)
    eggs
    rice drink
    almond drink
    aria women's protein powder.
    green drink mix

seriously. that place rocks. BUT. be careful to steer clear of most of the processed food in the isles and frozen area. anything pre-cooked for the most part is mega high in sodium and fat and cals. I like to shop the perimeter for the most part :)
  • flukes9
    flukes9 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Ok, my new favorite thing from Trader Joe's is the "nutty chocolate" granola bars....Oh my goodness, it's a peanut butter chewy granola bar drizzed with chocolate and it's soooooo good. Tastes like a candy bar. (I also love the pretzel slims-everything flavor)
  • Hixie15
    Options
    I love Trader Joe's also. I love their light string cheese, mini whole wheat pita bread, chocolate cat cookies for people, 100 cal pack of oatmeal chocolate chip cookies, and many more things!
  • heyitsmekatie
    heyitsmekatie Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    i'm sad... we don't have one!