Need some new ink suggestions.

Options
ninyagwa
ninyagwa Posts: 341 Member
So I've been toying with the idea of getting a tattoo on my forarm, I'm not sure of the size, but location would be right near the crook of my elbow. I really want it to be a motivational phrase or quote, or could just be some words that make me want to push harder when I'm feeling lazy...I have a few ideas, but I'd really like suggestions...Thanks!

Knowing is not enough; we must apply.
Willing is not enough; we must do.
--Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Men do less than they ought,
unless they do all they can.
--Thomas Carlyle

First say to yourself what you would be;
and then do what you have to do.
--Epictetus

Insist on yourself. Never imitate.
--Ralph Waldo Emerson

To conquer oneself is the best and noblest victory; to be vanquished by one's own nature is the worst and most ignoble defeat.
--Plato

Genius begins great works; labor alone finishes them.
--Joseph Joubert

Our doubts are traitors, and make us lose the good we oft might win, by fearing to attempt.
--William Shakespeare

Replies

• oneton_TJ
    oneton_TJ Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I cant really offer you any suggestions but those are all good options imo. I have really taken a liking to when ppl get saying just below the neck line on their chest. When i get to my GW i would like to get one.
  • EZGruv
    EZGruv Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Do not rely on the opinions of others for something that is going to be permanently on your body. You really need to figure that out for yourself.
  • Warmbloodwear
    Warmbloodwear Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    I am thinking about getting one too...I had seen this one someone else's post and liked it allot...
    it's not what they take away from you that counts. It's what you do with what you have left." ~Hubert Humphrey
  • ninyagwa
    ninyagwa Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the suggestions!

EZGruv--I don't intend to just permanently mark myself with someone else's idea of inspiration specifically, I just want to see if there's something I missed that I wouldn't have considered had someone not suggested it.
  • RocketsGirl75
    Options
    So I've been toying with the idea of getting a tattoo on my forarm, I'm not sure of the size, but location would be right near the crook of my elbow. I really want it to be a motivational phrase or quote, or could just be some words that make me want to push harder when I'm feeling lazy...I have a few ideas, but I'd really like suggestions...Thanks!

Knowing is not enough; we must apply.
    Willing is not enough; we must do.
    --Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Men do less than they ought,
    unless they do all they can.
    --Thomas Carlyle

First say to yourself what you would be;
    and then do what you have to do.
    --Epictetus

Insist on yourself. Never imitate.
    --Ralph Waldo Emerson

To conquer oneself is the best and noblest victory; to be vanquished by one's own nature is the worst and most ignoble defeat.
    --Plato

Genius begins great works; labor alone finishes them.
    --Joseph Joubert

Our doubts are traitors, and make us lose the good we oft might win, by fearing to attempt.
    --William Shakespeare

I like the Carlyle but I really like the Shakespeare!