Do you sometimes feel like throwing up while exercising?

Options
I see this on weight loss shows all the time and it's never happened to me. I've been working out since Jan 1. But I've recently started doing Tae Bo and it's really intense At the 20 or 30 minute mark I feel like almost puking, I don't puke though and I just continue w/exercising and then I'm okay once I'm done and rested

Replies

• rodegghero
    rodegghero Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    it sounds to me like you need more protein. Have you had mfp track that?
  • ropedancer
    Options
    I've never pushed myself like that. It's probably a good thing too. I hate throwing up so much it would probably freak me out.

Are you liking Tae Bo? (besides the puking parts)
  • BrentGetsFit
    BrentGetsFit Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    I get that way if I don't eat within a couple of hours before my workout or if I get too hot while exercising.
  • 1FITmamaofTWINS
    Options
    If you were eating a somewhat large meal before a workout and pushed your body to the MAX then yes its perfectly normal to puke. Though the person to usually do this is normal not atheltic at all but has pushed themself to the extreme and the body isnt use to this. hence, why you see it on TV (the heavy person is usually throwing up because the trainer is kicking their *kitten*) lol
  • foodforfuel
    foodforfuel Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    I used to get that feeling. Now, I know I can't drink cold water during my workouts. It has to be room temp, or I'll feel like throwing up. I also try to be careful about when and how much of the water I drink during my workouts. These couple of things helped me a great deal.
  • skinnylizzard
    skinnylizzard Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    That happens to me if I'm dehydrated. Try to sip water throughout your workout.
  • Becky011
    Becky011 Posts: 384
    Options
    I had that happen during a core strength / Cardio class. It kicked my butt. I just had to rest for a little bit and drink water. I think it just happens when we push ourselves way beyond whAt we r used to.
  • MobiusMan
    MobiusMan Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    Dehydration, low electrolytes and low protein can all do it. Eat a couple hours before but not too close, hydrate well before during and after and make sure you are getting enough E's. The lower cal Gator-Ade is good for E's. Also when you get to that point you need to step back a hair and cool off.
  • CatseyeHardcast
    CatseyeHardcast Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I find it happens when I push myself too hard. Get a heart rate monitor and see if it is linked to when you max out.
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,239 Member
    Options
    Just working out extremely hard can do that. I have had it before, but not for a long time now.
  • Nigel99
    Nigel99 Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    I had that happen during my first week of working out, and I figured it was due to not being used to the exercise, and not eating anything at all before working out. Since I've been used to it, and eat at least a little something before working out I haven't had the problem.
  • TheMaidOfAstolat
    TheMaidOfAstolat Posts: 3,222 Member
    Options
    I've puked plenty....you push yourself hard enough and you will. I've only puked at the gym once though...lol. I thought my trainer was going to burst out laughing.
  • kmeekhof
    kmeekhof Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    sometimes................I think it was low sugar for me.
  • That_Girl
    That_Girl Posts: 1,324 Member
    Options
    I think it's because toxins are being pushed out of muscles.

It happens to me when I really push myself.
  • gargust
    Options
    Some folks are prone to it... others never will no matter how hard they are pushed. Nothing to worry about.
  • Carly666666
    Options
    I never eat before exercising as I do mine at about 6am...I find a banana and a couple of hard boiled eggs after the work out stop the feeling of needing to puke. But there have been times when I have puked during the workout and I feel fine after I throw up :smile:
  • purplespeckle
    Options
    thanks everyone for your responses
  • purplespeckle
    Options
    I've never pushed myself like that. It's probably a good thing too. I hate throwing up so much it would probably freak me out.

Are you liking Tae Bo? (besides the puking parts)

Yes I LOVE Tae Bo It's my favorite workout now :D Do you do Tae Bo?