Brides on a Mission: Week 8

Options
Hello Brides!
Welcome to all our new members! And for those who have been here for a while…we’ve been together for 2 months! Way to stick with it and show your commitment to becoming a healthy bride!

I think we all got the swing of how our board works, so I will make this short and sweet! (If you are new, please look back on the support and motivation boards from previous weeks if you would like.)

How to upload a photo: Go to www.photobucket.com, it’s a free service, and upload your photos. Copy and paste the IMG code (there is a list of codes, easy to find on the site) onto your message post. Change the capital IMG code at the beginning and end of the code to lower case img. Your photo will appear when you make the actual “post.” (I will post this each week.)

Week 8 challenge: For this week, I am asking everyone to post a possible challenge to use on the board in the future. I want to make sure everyone’s needs are being met (and I am having trouble coming up with challenges!). Please think about what you would like to see here in weeks to come.

Getting to know each other (Please only fill this out if you are new to the group; copy and paste this section into your post. I will post this each week for new comers.)
1. Name:
2. Age:
3. City:
4. Occupation:
5. Wedding date:
6. Fiancés name:
7. How long you and your fiancé have been together:
8. Heaviest weight:
9. Goal weight and date:
10. Favorite type of exercise:
11. Favorite healthy food:

Brides on a Mission: week 8 (Please copy and paste this into your profile)
1. Weight loss/inches lost this week:
2. Highlight of the past week: (not weight, just something exciting that happened):
3. Lowlight of the past week (not weight, just something that you need support with):
4. My future challenge idea:
5. Any wedding news updates:
6. Recap your journey since joining this board:
7. What is your favorite memory of you and your fiancé:
8. How did you do with the week 7 challenge (healthy changes after marriage):
9. Weekly wrap up:

Replies

• kalebsmama07
    Options
    will be back on wensday..as it is my weigh in day... =) hope everyone has a great week...
  • EaglesFan521
    EaglesFan521 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    1. Weight loss/inches lost this week: no weight but 6 inches!!!

2. Highlight of the past week: (not weight, just something exciting that happened): Started Insanity!!! and I SIGNED UP FOR MY FIRST 5K!!!!!

3. Lowlight of the past week (not weight, just something that you need support with): didn't lose any weight

4. My future challenge idea: to get an extra 15 minutes of sleep... the extra sleep can really do your body good

5. Any wedding news updates: no nothing really, my parents still want me to check out other venues and don't want me to just go with the one that i love.

6. Recap your journey since joining this board: its been a struggle, I have had my ups and downs with it all but its nice to know that there are so many girls that are going through the same thing I am and it makes everything so much easier.

7. What is your favorite memory of you and your fiancé: My Fiancee was Deployed in Afghanistan from July of 2009 to July of 2010. For his 2 weeks leave that he gets he surprised me at my sisters apartment while i was dog sitting for her. needless to say I was floored, it was the first time i had seen him in 8 months and cried a lot. Lucky for me my mom got it all on video!!!

8. How did you do with the week 7 challenge (healthy changes after marriage): It was good to remind myself what I am doing this all for, keeps me motivated.

9. Weekly wrap up: So far this week has been okay, my fiancee didn't end up doing Insanity with me, but now he says that he wants to run with me in the morning. So we shall see!!!
  • DancingPixie
    DancingPixie Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    1. Weight loss/inches lost this week: 2lbs brings my loss to 10lbs in 5weeks! Most ive ever lost!!!

2. Highlight of the past week: (not weight, just something exciting that happened): My Little boy walking more n more!

3. Lowlight of the past week (not weight, just something that you need support with): Stressing over stupid little things!

4. My future challenge idea: To go to bed before 12am lol

5. Any wedding news updates: My DRESS is here !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Plus have just ordered our centerpieces. :D

6. Recap your journey since joining this board: Its been hard ive tried so many vlcd's too try do it the fast way but couldn't hack the shakes so ended up failing n felt like a failer so ate more so glad i cam across this site AMAZING difference!

7. What is your favorite memory of you and your fiancé: Has too be when we went out on a date and the beach was cut off but he had put some candles down by the rocks too go and watch the waves and we sat up n watched the waves talking all night <3

8. How did you do with the week 7 challenge (healthy changes after marriage): My Children will be why we both need too keep this up. We want to be around to bug them for as long as we can. They are our inspiration not just our big day <3

9. Weekly wrap up: Todays been fine so far. Weekend was abit of a balls up as had a meal out on Saturday. Sunday wasnt too bad i was still within my calories. I can do it so can you!!! Cant wait too get my work out dvds!
  • Sweet13_Princess
    Sweet13_Princess Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options
    Everyone-
    Thanks for responding about my food choices/assigned seating question. I think I’m going to give the caterer a list of names of who will be seated at each table, with their food choices listed next to the names. All they’ll need to do when they arrive at the table it is call out the person’s name and hand them their food. This will also take care of people who forget or who want to change their order when they see what other people are getting.

redruthie –
    Wow! Your fake flowers look great, too! I remember all of the ladies I work with, trying to talk me out of fakes. I think they thought they would turn out cheesy or something, but fake flowers have come a long way since our grandma’s waxy ivy plants way back in the day. Also, I think when you have a professional do them, they know to purchase quality and how to make everything look nice.
    A note on essential oils: Be sure JUST to spritz them. I’m going to flip the bouquets upside down when I do it. Since they are an oil, you’ll want just a fine mist so the fragrance isn’t overpowering and so the oils don’t bleed through and discolor them. It’s probably going to be a last minute thing for me, right before the ceremony.

SIDE NOTE: Horrible week this week. I hardly got to the gym because I caught a cold and felt so miserable. Then, I completely binged two days ago, eating an entire box of little Debbie Swiss Rolls. I’m so pissed right now. I feel like all the hard work I’ve been doing has been completely derailed. I’m very disappointed in myself. Sometimes I think I'm just making excuses.:-( GRRRR!!
  • lynnellec
    lynnellec Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Happy Monday everyone!!

Brides on a Mission: week 8

1. Weight loss/inches lost this week: 1.5 pound and about .5 inches lost all over except for my neck.

2. Highlight of the past week: (not weight, just something exciting that happened): That it's finally starting to feel a little like spring (until later today when a cold front heads back in).

3. Lowlight of the past week (not weight, just something that you need support with): Felt overwhelmed, anxious and stressed by a bunch of projects being due at once at work.

4. My future challenge idea: Try something new for exercise like yoga, pilates, using the elliptical machine.

5. Any wedding news updates: Met with the florist this past weekend to figure out all the flowers!! So excited! Love that we will have peonies and hydrangeas!!

6. Recap your journey since joining this board: Haven't been part of the group for very long, but love reading about all the wedding related stuff everyone is doing.

7. What is your favorite memory of you and your fiancé: Oh there are so many like adventures with our "furbabies," but my favorite is when we took a stay-cation a few years ago and spent the night at an awesome old hotel in Cincinnati, ate at the Hofbräuhaus in Newport, KY and just enjoyed exploring the city.

8. How did you do with the week 7 challenge (healthy changes after marriage): It helps to make this a longterm committment and not just a short term goal.

9. Weekly wrap up: I didn't get to work out as much this past week but I did watch what I was eating since I knew I couldn't make it to the gym as much. Of course, then the weekend hits and it hard to be good but I managed the best I could!
  • MrsSommer
    Options
    1. Weight loss/inches lost this week: Had kind of a cheat week last week. Im at 145.2 today which is pretty good considering what i ate! :o) Back on track this week and starting 30 day shred and P90X today!
    2. Highlight of the past week: (not weight, just something exciting that happened): I bought my wedding band yesterday!!!!! If you read one of my last posts on how i wanted a custom ring made to hopefully reduce the price of a ring i loved...Well long story short i still havnt heard back from the store after i checked in 2 weeks ago and i gave up on them!! So i did some research and went to Zales and got a ring i like more and it was WAYYYYY cheaper. My budget loves cheaper! :o)
    3. Lowlight of the past week (not weight, just something that you need support with):Had an off week, went out to dinner 3 times and happily got my favorite meals which are very much off limits on a regular basis! They were yummy and i feel better now...
    4. My future challenge idea: not really sure...ill get back to ya if i figure something out
    5. Any wedding news updates: well i thought i had our cake figured out...but we're having second thoughts...i discussed what i wanted with our caterer, who also makes beautiful cakes, and she said she would mail the proposal to me and when i got it, the price was much more than i thought...So we might be going with a friend of my soon to be MIL who i didnt really love BUT she was going to make the cake for MUCH cheaper. decisions, decisions....
    6. Recap your journey since joining this board: Pretty good. I started I first monday of January at 152.6 and im currently 145.2. If i can get just rid of 2.6 lbs by next monday that would be 10 lbs in 2 months and half my goal!
    7. What is your favorite memory of you and your fiancé: There are so many really!!
    8. How did you do with the week 7 challenge (healthy changes after marriage):
    9. Weekly wrap up: Getting back on track and getting rid of the last 2.6 lbs!
  • NurseNatalie2011
    Options
    Brides on a Mission: week 8
    1. Weight loss/inches lost this week: will weigh in on Thursday

2. Highlight of the past week: (not weight, just something exciting that happened): I got an A on my evidence based nursing research final and an A overall in the class. I was so glad because I worked really hard on my research paper and preping for my final. It was also great that I got a lot of workouts in while being busy with school.

3. Lowlight of the past week (not weight, just something that you need support with): Saturday I ate way to much salt. Made homemake pad thai and beef lettuce wraps with the fiance for dinner. I ate 2 servings of the pad thai. And when we were shopping for the food at the huge asian market we got a "snack" at the food court...an egg roll and 2 pork dumplings and a watermellon slush. I try so hard not to eat fried food but the fiance loves it so I gave in.

4. My future challenge idea: lol I'm not putting anything since my brain is dead from thinking of these already for each week.

5. Any wedding news updates: We met with a photographer on Sat. We really like what they had to offer and the price was great! We do want to look around a little more but I am so stressed! I have to start cracking down on school starting next week because of graduation coming up and studying for state boards. I dont want to have to meet with anyone else after that starts. Hopefully the other company will get back to us soon and we can meet with them on this Sat and make a decision.

6. Recap your journey since joining this board: I had such trouble for the first 2 months of MFP and the first couple of weeks wiht this board. I wasn't as serious about working out and I wasn't eating enough which all equaled weight gain/not losing or gaining. Things have been so much better this past few weeks and I have lost 3 weeks in a row!!!

7. What is your favorite memory of you and your fiancé: I hate to say it but our first really big fight. Ever since then we make sure that we say what is on our mind but in a respectful way. We dont leave each other angery or go to bed angery. You never know what is going to happen and we both said that would be the hardest thing to cope with...if either of us got hurt or died and being angery with each other. But on a happy note I just love when my fiance does an impression of an old asian man. It always makes me laugh and if I didn't know any better I would say he was an old asian man (evene though he is as white as they come! lol)

8. How did you do with the week 7 challenge (healthy changes after marriage): I really liked it but I just hope the fiance will get on board when we move in together this summer. Starting off right then will help us when we get married.

9. Weekly wrap up: Overall good week. Just disapointed in Sat. I am kind of annoyed the my clothes arn't fitting (too big) because I feel guilty spending money on clothes that I wont wear for all that long and I want to save money. I am thinking of hitting up the thrift store this week and seeing if I can find a few things.
  • elkmel
    elkmel Posts: 24
    Options
    Just found this group, and it is just what I need! I love hearing about other ladies' journeys, both weight-loss and wedding-related!! :)

1. Name: Katie
    2. Age: 24
    3. City: Shelby, NC
    4. Occupation: Nanny
    5. Wedding date: October 1st, 2011
    6. Fiancés name: Scot
    7. How long you and your fiancé have been together: 2 years and 2 months :)
    8. Heaviest weight: 202
    9. Goal weight and date: 145 by the end of August/beginning of September
    10. Favorite type of exercise: Hiking on a beautiful sunny day with Scot, but I actually really enjoy my gym routine
    11. Favorite healthy food: I love most veggies, esp. asparagus

I still have a ways to go on my weight loss journey, but my wedding plans are coming along quite nicely! I am a BIG DIYer, so I'd be happy to give/receive advice on anything DIY :)
  • Meganne1982
    Options

1. Weight loss/inches lost this week: Weigh in coming up on March 1st

2. Highlight of the past week: (not weight, just something exciting that happened): Snow and ice finally melted so I could go on my first run of 2011! And it was awesome. I did 3 miles one day and 6 the next! I love running! I felt like a machine :)

3. Lowlight of the past week (not weight, just something that you need support with): Sunday I went crazy at lunch with finance's family. Probably ate my weight in sushi and drank 4 martinis! I had a great time, but went waaayyy over my calories and have felt plagued with guilt ever since leaving the restaurant yesterday...

4. My future challenge idea: To cut back on processed foods and eat more whole foods.

5. Any wedding news updates: None right now. I still can't get a count for invites out of my fiance!

6. Recap your journey since joining this board: It's been nice reading about so many other people who are in the same boat, and everyone else is helping with my wedding brainstorming. It's really been a good resource for accountability. And overall, I really have been eating better and working out more.

7. What is your favorite memory of you and your fiancé: Our first date. At the time we even agreed it was the best first date in the history of first dates. We met for coffee in downtown Omaha, and we walked over to and across the pedestrian bridge the crosses over the Missouri river into Iowa and back. Then we went for drinks at a bar where they happened to be doing kareoke. We both sang, and we danced to someone singing "The Rainbow Connection". He told me that night that I was his dream girl and that I was going to be the girl that he married :)

8. How did you do with the week 7 challenge (healthy changes after marriage): We both want to get healthy and stay healthy. We're doing a good job of establishing good habits together now :)

9. Weekly wrap up: I've been busy and cranky, but life is good.
  • kalebsmama07
    Options
    1. Weight loss/inches lost this week: weigh in day is wednesday....

2. Highlight of the past week: (not weight, just something exciting that happened): went to a baby shower n had a great time...didnt get as many compliments as i thought i would of... booo but what ever not bringin me down...no big deal..../ realized this morning i have 1.4lbs left till my goal...yay hope i can get to 141 by wednesday.... my best friends sister is making my cake instead of me now.....=) makes me happy! totalling a toal weight loss for the past two yrs at 46lbs as of today....

3. Lowlight of the past week (not weight, just something that you need support with): stressing over my finaces job n bills same old same old....

4. My future challenge idea: unsure as of yet will get back to this...

5. Any wedding news updates:
    my best friends sister is making my wedding cake instead of me...=)

6. Recap your journey since joining this board: been great having everyone who feels n is going thru the same with wedding issues & weight loss issues....im close to my weight goal...and will be pushing to lose another 5 lbs...but am afraid if i lose that i will fall out of my wedding dress....(i just got it)....lol better it fallin than being to tight...

7. What is your favorite memory of you and your fiancé: being together everyday n seeing him everyday...meeting in highschool...everyday is a memory...to many to recall...ive got a bad memory...we met on the school bus...he shoved his way into my seat pushing me out of the way to the window seat on the bus...just to get to know me...

8. How did you do with the week 7 challenge (healthy changes after marriage): ive gotta plan for after i get married to keep going....
    9. Weekly wrap up:it went better than expected...i lost weight instead of gained thought because of TOM...hopeing by end of week mabe reaching 140. something......
  • NicolioRussell
    Options
    1. Weight loss/inches lost this week: Not weighing in for a couple weeks! Just got back from vacation and I want to make sure I am on track again for a couple weeks. Don't wanna get discouraged!!

2. Highlight of the past week: (not weight, just something exciting that happened): Spent time in Florida for a whole week with my family. It was the most relaxing vacation I have ever been on!!

3. Lowlight of the past week (not weight, just something that you need support with): Getting an AWFUL sunburn!!

4. My future challenge idea: A calorie burn challenge.

5. Any wedding news updates: We are finally meeting with a caterer and cake baker in two weeks. Excited!!

6. Recap your journey since joining this board: I've lost a handful of pounds and I've met some great people who are so supportive!!

7. What is your favorite memory of you and your fiancé: Our first Valentine's day together. We went to Smith and Wollensky's for dinner....and we got the seafood platter for an appetizer.....There was a whole lobster on it, and it's beady eyes were starting at us. It was hilarious.

8. How did you do with the week 7 challenge (healthy changes after marriage): was absent week 7

9. Weekly wrap up: It's the beginning of the week. I'm positive about continuing to move forward after my week off. :-)
  • NurseNatalie2011
    Options

5. Any wedding news updates: no nothing really, my parents still want me to check out other venues and don't want me to just go with the one that i love.

That kind of stinks. I think if you love it, and your fiances loves it...then why not! I can understand your parents wanting you to check out more but I see no reason too. Maybe just make them happy and go look at something just for the heck of it. Then you can say "after all the places we have look at we still really like this one and are going to book it." and they have to deal with it! lol
  • Sweet13_Princess
    Sweet13_Princess Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options
    Anyone else obsessed with bridal related TV shows? I love that netflix has Say Yes to the Dress, the first four seasons! I also enjoyed Girl Meets Gown and Bulging Brides, which I believe also aired on WeTV as well. I also enjoyed Vh1's Bridal Bootcamp and I heard there's a new one coming on the CW channel called Shedding For the Wedding.

I wish there was a place to watch some of these other shows online. Any ideas? I find them to be inspirational to get in shape!

Shannon
  • kalebsmama07
    Options

i think if its ur wedding n u love this venue u should have the one u love.....
  • NurseNatalie2011
    Options
    I was just looking through http://www.shape.com/ and saw they have a bridal section! It's on the main page, just scroll down towards the bottom. :tongue:
  • NurseNatalie2011
    Options
    Anyone else obsessed with bridal related TV shows? I love that netflix has Say Yes to the Dress, the first four seasons! I also enjoyed Girl Meets Gown and Bulging Brides, which I believe also aired on WeTV as well. I also enjoyed Vh1's Bridal Bootcamp and I heard there's a new one coming on the CW channel called Shedding For the Wedding.

I wish there was a place to watch some of these other shows online. Any ideas? I find them to be inspirational to get in shape!

Shannon

There is a new show coming on WGN, I think it starts on Wed. It's called shredding for the wedding; about couples trying to lose weight before the big day (i've heard it's like BL but wedding!!!) Iam super excited!
  • x_cylence_x
    Options
    1. Weight loss/inches lost this week: Lost 2 lbs (just now took my 1st measurements, so I dunno if I lost anything there just yet)

2. Highlight of the past week: Our wedding rings came in! Yay!

3. Lowlight of the past week: I found a tick on me (yep, spring is on it's way) And after removing it, I now have a huge red bump that just won't go away *sigh*

4. My future challenge idea: 30 days of recommended water intake :)

5. Any wedding news updates: I think I've finally determined the decor and such. Now onto attempting to write my vows before I get all sidetracked and forget. IndieBride.com is awesome.

6. Recap your journey since joining this board: Well, since i just joined, I don't have much. But, I've been on a weightloss journey since about 1 year and a half ago. I was at 285 and now sit at 240. Not too much further, but it has been quite a journey lol

7. What is your favorite memory of you and your fiancé: The top of Kroger and the sobe sign. We'll leave it at that :)

8. How did you do with the week 7 challenge (healthy changes after marriage): n/a

9. Weekly wrap up: I will do my exercises this week. I WILL! lol
  • agoessli
    agoessli Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Hey hun.... don't worry. You've done really well and though you may have had a few rough days....you can still get right back on track! I didn't have a great week either. :-( I really messed up on turning down temptations and my weigh in day is on Wednesday. I am just hoping I can keep from a gain from last week. You can do this and I just know this time next week you are going to be feeling great for getting things turned back around. Good luck and remember we are all cheering for you!

SIDE NOTE: Horrible week this week. I hardly got to the gym because I caught a cold and felt so miserable. Then, I completely binged two days ago, eating an entire box of little Debbie Swiss Rolls. I’m so pissed right now. I feel like all the hard work I’ve been doing has been completely derailed. I’m very disappointed in myself. Sometimes I think I'm just making excuses.:-( GRRRR!!
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    Yay I weighed myself today for the first time in a month. I'm down an inch in my chest, and lost 10lbs. So I'm back to where I was before my HRM sabotaged me.

This week has been really tough.y grandpa is dying. I went home this weekend to say good bye. I haven't had someone die in my family before so I'm a little out of sorts. Life is stressing me out. But I'm not over eating so that's good.

As for wedding plans, nothing new. I'm just happy to be losing weight again.
  • pen282
    pen282 Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    lilRicki i'm soorry to hear your sad news - hope your doing as well as can be considerin... my thoughts are with you and your family.

Well done on the weight loss - that's fantastic!!
    I am stalled at the moment, last time I weighted, i hadnt lost a thing, and now iv not been eating all that healthily so dont want to weigh... sigh. im not too sure where my motivation has gone...

Hope your wedding plans are going well - after our venue crisis (we ended up changing) we now feel more relaxed.. tho obv still lots to do! Got first dress fitting / alteration beg march.... eeekkkk

take care hun

xx