goal wieght for 5 foot 8 inches

Anidorie
Anidorie Posts: 291 Member
edited September 24 in Health and Weight Loss
so you guessed it. what should my goal wiehgt be at 5 fott 8 inches? i am currently 120 and i wantto be 110. 108 at best.

Replies

• merrillfoster
    merrillfoster Posts: 855 Member
    Forgive me, but that seems insanely thin (like, skin and bones thin, not healthy). Everyone is built differently, but I'm 5'7", and I looked like Skeletor at 125. Are you sure you want to look like this?
  • delilah514
    delilah514 Posts: 126 Member
    I would say that you are fine the way you are. You could probably even gain a bit. The ideal weight for someone your height is 124-164. I am 5'7" myself and when I weighed below 120 years ago I looked like a skeleton. I had bones sticking out of everywhere it was not pretty.
  • Techinically at 5 feet and 8 inches and 120 pounds you are underweight for your BMI. Weighing about 125 would put you in the normal weight range and probably keep you a lot healthier. Again, everyone is different and you have to keep in consideration how athletic you are and how much muscle mass you have. Here is a good site to figure BMI's.

http://www.nhlbisupport.com/bmi/
  • ChefJenn
    ChefJenn Posts: 350 Member
    im 5'9 and at 150 pounds I was smaller than a size 6 and i was in risk of bad health issue. Please check with a dr to see what you should weigh please
  • vsangel87
    vsangel87 Posts: 108 Member
    well, the least i can be is 111 lbs and i'm 5'5"! my goal weight is still 110 though. but for you to be 108 would be extremely underweight....i would say shoot for about 115 at the least...but 120 isn't bad at all for your height. i wish i was as tall as you, then i can audition to be a super model! lol are you a model already or are you trying to be?
  • CakeFit21
    CakeFit21 Posts: 2,521 Member
    http://www.healthchecksystems.com/heightweightchart.htm

The lowest weight for your height is 126 pounds and that is for a small framed woman. I've just googled several sources and every single chart says this is the lowest weight.
  • Anidorie
    Anidorie Posts: 291 Member
    well, the least i can be is 111 lbs and i'm 5'5"! my goal weight is still 110 though. but for you to be 108 would be extremely underweight....i would say shoot for about 115 at the least...but 120 isn't bad at all for your height. i wish i was as tall as you, then i can audition to be a super model! lol are you a model already or are you trying to be?

my sister was. i would love to be but i got to loss some of the chunkyness. haha i dout i will ever be good enough for that though. just a silly dream by a silly me!
  • Bermudabarbie
    Bermudabarbie Posts: 568 Member
    There is another post that I just added to under Success Stories called anybody 5'8" and above. It's a good thread (been going for about 2 months). You may get some ideas from some of the other MFP members in our height range. Just a thought.
  • kmeekhof
    kmeekhof Posts: 456 Member
    your weight range should be 126-154.

For women it is 100 lbs for the first 5 foot.. and 5 lbs for every inch after that. Then +/- 10% depending on your body frame/bone structure.

To be 110 lbs you would be sickly thin
  • GeauxDonielle
    GeauxDonielle Posts: 145 Member
    I'm 5'7 and 125 I don't look extremely thin- I still have stomach fat and thighs and hips need toning. Not necessarily to lose more weight but need more tone.I'm aiming for 120 my hips are 37inches and waist 28inches- so it all depends on frame and the person. As long as eating well and healthy with exercise.Depends whether fat weight or muscle weight also
  • vsangel87
    vsangel87 Posts: 108 Member

my sister was. i would love to be but i got to loss some of the chunkyness. haha i dout i will ever be good enough for that though. just a silly dream by a silly me!

haha same here...as a teenager i've always wanted to be a supermodel, but then i found out that you had to be at least 5'8"...booo! lol it still would be nice if i make it as a model one day though, even if not an international model...but that's always been a silly dream of mine. now i'll go back to looking at my victoria's secret catalogue and dream of one day being 5'10 and perfectly thin. lol

by the way, being 5'8" and 120 lbs i doubt you are anywhere near chunky! also, what kind of model is your sister?
This discussion has been closed.