Yoga/Pilates/Fitness Videos on Netflix

Options
Does anybody know of any good fitness programs (including pilates and especially yoga) available for Instant Watch on Netflix? I feel like the website would be a great tool for that... I've looked through five videos so far and the only one I like so far is one of the Crunch videos, CardioSalsa. I watched four yoga videos, but didn't really like any of them. All opinions are appreciated! :smile:

Replies

• thektturner
    thektturner Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    The Crunch ones are definitely the best ones I've found. I do Crunch: Candlelight Yoga and Crunch: Fat Burning Pilates.

I wish the yoga was a bit more advanced in the Candlelight Yoga, but there are SO many yoga ones, wading through them all intimidates me. I really liked the Pilates one, though.

The Self ones actually aren't bad, but the instructor definitely uses some ballet moves - pleas, releves, arabesques. I don't mind, cause I took dance for over 10 years, but it could be a turn-off for many.
  • emperorsdream
    emperorsdream Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I haven't tried Netflix yet, but I do find some GREAT full length classes on YouTube. Before I started Bikram at a school, I was doing daily yoga to this video ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PcC8hZPwj6w ). It streams very well, and it' a pretty good morning workout. There are other, more challenging, classes from the subscriber named YogaYak, who also has a website. Rodney Yee's stuff from Gaiam is pretty good, so maybe if Netflix has any of his videos?
  • jmwolffyy
    jmwolffyy Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    I tried two different videos and didn't like either one so I had given up already! LOL! I think I may go back and check the Crunch ones after all.
  • TLRAAB
    TLRAAB Posts: 16
    Options
    Wow I never even thought to check out Netflix! I'm so glad you posted this - I found a bunch and look forward to trying them out over the never few weeks
  • I agree that the crunch ones are my favorite. There is also a SELF one that I do every once in while! Good luck with your journey! Love your "fearlessly" screen name!!
  • lushlife69
    Options
    I really like Crunch - Total Resculpt is great for strength training, it is divided into 2 sections for lower and upper body if you alternate your days. You can enter the strength exercises into fitness pal app
    I also recommend the cardio dance blast also by Crunch, the moves are somewhat easy, fun, very upbeat, and if you goof up, it's in the privacy of your own home! But the cueing is good so that doesn't happen often. I count that one for 40 minutes of Cardio, low impact aerobics or general aerobics if I gave it more energy.

the "10 minute solution" videos are good too, for a quick one on abs, choose the Target toning and fast forward to the abs section approx @32 minutes mark.
  • nmaggi2003
    Options
    Can someone please tell me how you searched and found yoga/pilates videos on Netflicks??? Everytime i search it comes up with nothing. HELP!!!!!!!!!!!