Could this be the one???

Options
Since I can't snap my fingers and be the size I desire, It's time to put in the work. I was roaming through YouTube and someone mentioned this site. I am so ready to lose this extra 50 lbs!!! :sad: Like most I'm sure, I have "tried it all"! But I am optimistic that this time is different because it is not a quick weight loss fad. I have already started to work out with my trainer, so the other half of the batle is my food intake. This is my biggest struggle. I live alone, but have a busy on the go life. I eat out ALOT, which I am tackling as a part of this lifestyle change. Besides, I need to budget my money better. :happy: Ok. Here we go... Today is Feb 21, 2011. 0 lbs lost, 50 lbs to go.
My first target is 5 lbs!

Replies

• tetymi36
    tetymi36 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hello, I wish you all the best. I totally agree with you in regards to the battle with food intake. I just decided...the bad food was no longer going to be victorious. I just joined MFP on 2/14. I have lost 3lbs in the first week...and the best part of it all..I did not starve myself. i just ate healthy and had one cheat meal. Additionally, I am sick and tired of being uncomfortable in my clothes! Summer time is right around the corner...and I MUST BEACH BODY READY!!!

Good Luck...the key is to LOG everything...no matter what!
  • sconns21
    sconns21 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Good Luck!

You should look online for recipes because there are some great ones. They all seem to take ages but once you get used to cooking more often you can do it a lot faster and cut down on the time by preparing things in advance or freezing meals. I used to always think I'll just make something quick that was out of a can or the microwave but now I can whip up some really nice pasta in no time or a stir fry. I use bbcgoodfood.co.uk (uk website so the measures are metric) and you can filter recipes so it only shows meals with a range of 200-400 calories.

Also even if you only cook once a week on the weekend you'll still be much healthier. It's really hard to make good choices when you eat out because there just isn't enough information. Food that sounds healthy like pasta etc may have been cooked with loads of oil or cream. I don't know how they do it but restaurants always seem to manage to fire in loads of extra calories. What are they doing? Are they mixing in lard or something!

Wish you well!
  • hermione_ar
    hermione_ar Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    This is definitely the one! It's just so easy, I wish i'd found it years ago. I didn't think I was eating too much until I logged all my calories - it was a small over-eat each day, but it's added up to a lot of extra weight over the years. Once you've used it for a couple of weeks and have all your favourite foods and meals logged it's really easy to fill in. Good luck i'm sure you'll find that this really does work!