I get it now

Options
I had a moment on the weekend

A couple of weeks ago I decided enough is enough, and that I really need to loose weight. I am not very healthy, I am in the low obese range, and had enough of clothes not fitting. Ok. now I have had these thoughts many times before.... and tried doing somehting but always hit a brick wall and given up and restarted

I really think to loose weight, you really have to 'get it' in your head, be in the right frame of mine, or you just cant succeed.

I am in this frame of mind, I refuse sweets, chocolate, all the bad bad stuff...

I have treated myself to one cadbury creme egg on Sunday for putting in a good two weeks... It really a let down.. i think I have lost my sweet tooth! LOL

But anyway, I havent lost any weight the past week... but I am still on track and focused on my goal! Which makes me more excited!

I just thought I would share, my thoughts....

Sarah

Replies

• Limeinthecoconut
    Limeinthecoconut Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Male sure you keep measuring yourself! Usually if you're doing really well food-wise it will show somewhere, even if the scale is being a poo that week. :p
  • kimmisatch
    Options
    YAY that's awesome :) and I agree - it isn't always the scale that shows the results !!! Things will be moving round and all sorts.
    Also fat might be being replaced with muscle.
    So GO YOU :D
    I've "caloried" in a Crunchie bar tomorrow, I'm SO excited hehehe I don't think it will be a let down LOL
  • lynz4589
    lynz4589 Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    Im the same Sarah, I used to have chocolate EVERY single day at one point, had my first bit of chocolate on Friday which was the first since christmas and it was actually that horrible it gave me a headache!!

I actually gained weight this week instead of losin but Im told its down to all the water I had, whereas before used to drink zero - I hope so! Certainly dont have the urge to eat chocolate anymore, just not interested!!
  • kimmisatch
    Options
    Oh no now I'm scared my Crunchie will be a let down LOL I've been waiting for this moment :laugh:
  • rlysrh
    rlysrh Posts: 244
    Options
    Oh no now I'm scared my Crunchie will be a let down LOL I've been waiting for this moment :laugh:

In a way if it is a let down thats a good thing (:

A similar thing happened to me a couple of weeks ago. We had some cakes in the house which I LOVED and for days I'd been resisting but they'd been on my mind for the entire time, tempting me. So I finally gave in and worked one into my calorie allowance, but when I actually ate it, it wasn't satisfying and it didn't taste nearly as good as I had remembered.
  • sapphirelazuli
    Options
    I TOTALLY agree. I've been 'trying' to lose weight on and off for 5 years. But this is the first time I've actually stuck to it for longer than a month!