Day 4 and I all ready failed

Options
UGH It's day 4 of my diet/exercise program. I totally messed up. I did fine all day but i only had 500 calories left going into dinner and I had 3 pizza hut breadsticks and 1 piece of cheese pizza. I only made it through 3 days of doing this right!!!
I hate myself right now. I want my old body sooo bad.. GRR

Replies

• xoalyssaox
    Options
    UGH It's day 4 of my diet/exercise program. I totally messed up. I did fine all day but i only had 500 calories left going into dinner and I had 3 pizza hut breadsticks and 1 piece of cheese pizza. I only made it through 3 days of doing this right!!!
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    Aww! Hang in there!

It can take up to a month for this to become a real routine! And you might mess up here and there. But, it wasn't one meal that made you gain weight right??

Just get back on track. This is a learning process for everyone and it can take some time to get on a roll....

I read that one of the traits of naturally thin people is that they do have treats and eat junk...they just don't let one meal or one fun night out become the norm. They get right back on track of their healthier lifestyle. You don't have to deprive yourself of everything. I enjoy myself. I have birthday dinner and Super Bowl Sunday junk...I just get back on track the next day! :)

You can do this and you WILL get your old body back!!
    :flowerforyou:
    -Tami
  • hawkeyechick
    hawkeyechick Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Hey,
    Don't beat yourself up about it, just start fresh again tomorrow. :happy:
  • GoGetterMom
    GoGetterMom Posts: 852 Member
    Options
    Aww! Hang in there!

It can take up to a month for this to become a real routine! And you might mess up here and there. But, it wasn't one meal that made you gain weight right??

Just get back on track. This is a learning process for everyone and it can take some time to get on a roll....

I read that one of the traits of naturally thin people is that they do have treats and eat junk...they just don't let one meal or one fun night out become the norm. They get right back on track of their healthier lifestyle. You don't have to deprive yourself of everything. I enjoy myself. I have birthday dinner and Super Bowl Sunday junk...I just get back on track the next day! :)

You can do this and you WILL get your old body back!!
    :flowerforyou:
    -Tami
    WELL SAID! No wonder Tam's lost what she has... Great words of wisdom!
  • lyla29
    lyla29 Posts: 3,549 Member
    Options
    One day is not going to ruin everything. It takes time to lose the weight. Just start again tomorrow. :smile:
  • LightenUp_Caro
    LightenUp_Caro Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    Don't worry about it!
    I fall off the wagon fairly regularly (...yeah, bad i know) but I've lost and I'm still losing. The more you do it, the easier it becomes. Its OKAY to screw it up...as long as its not often.

You did well for 3 days! That's great!
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    Don't be hard on yourself. One mess up isn't going to ruin everything. Just get back on track and start again. Remember, if at first you don't succeed, try , try again. You'll get there, you just have to keep going and not let yourself get discouraged. Good luck to you. Don't give up. It'll all be worth it when you finally make your goal. :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • calatibo
    calatibo Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    tomorrow is a brand new day :smile:
  • elliott062907
    elliott062907 Posts: 1,508 Member
    Options

Only one day of no no's?? Big deal. You will be fine. I too had regular bread, cheesy poofs a small corn dog and two reeses. And I am on Atkins. So ya know what, I know I didn't gain any weight from it, so I'm right back on track this evening. I had a big romane salad with grilled chicken.

You only have to worry about going from day to day binging.
  • hnlymark
    Options
    It only becomes failure if you let it get you so down you give up! EVERYONE slips up. Success here comes in the long run. Keep after it and you are a SUCCESS!
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    see you in the morning on the fresh new day!:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • PrincessLaundry
    PrincessLaundry Posts: 2,758 Member
    Options
    First off...You owned it. So that isn't failure.

Failure is walking of the plan all together...Or no, not walking...sitting...

So what, you went a few over, you are here, and now ready to make good tomorrow! I eat all sorts of this and that to stay on and off track. I just log it, account for the calories by working out or eating differently the following day. Drink some water, jog in place in front of the TV, and call it done for the day!

Good luck with tomorrow! You can do it!:flowerforyou:
  • lessertess
    lessertess Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    Don't get angry and don't get disappointed. The single most important factor in taking on a healthy lifestyle change is your attitude. If you have a defeated attitude, you will fail. Stay positive and accept the fact that you're on a journey and you'll have days when you detour.

You're ok, we've all been there and will, no doubt be there again at some point.

Oh, I also recommend that you eliminate the "diet" idea. Just refer to this as your "healthy eating plan" or something like that. The word "diet" has a poor mental effect on a lot of people. (It certainly does on me :tongue: )

Good luck to you.
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    I've been here for 6 months... do you have any idea how many times I've cheated with pizza?? lol more than I can count. 1 bad decision wont ruin everything. Besides you couldn't be over by more than a few hundres calories, I bet you still have a deficit (ie- you'll STILL lose weight) go for a walk around the neighborhood to burn off those extra calories and get back on the horse! :flowerforyou:
  • jamdblake4
    Options
    listen up!!!!!!!!!!:noway:
    You fall down so what:huh: get up:smile:
    Brush it off:grumble:
    and get a## to the gym tomorrow and workout:happy:
  • PrincessLaundry
    PrincessLaundry Posts: 2,758 Member
    Options

Does a person HAVE to go get "a #" at the gym? Wouldn't it be healthier for her talk things out with her hubby and and take her kid for a walk? :laugh:
  • skinnyjweb
    Options
    Everything said here is right on. Go for an extra long walk or run or bike ride tomorrow. Don't beat yourself up that is so destructive to your emotional well being!
  • jamdblake4
    Options

Does a person HAVE to go get "a #" at the gym? Wouldn't it be healthier for her talk things out with her hubby and and take her kid for a walk? :laugh:
    :laugh: :laugh: Well if she wants to talk hubbie first I guss it's ok but I'm head to the gym for my A##