Triathlon question

Options
I'm doing my first tri on April 10. It's a short sprint so I don't think it'll take TOO much out of me. However, there is another tri I am looking at on May 1. It's another sprint, but a little longer. Is that enough time between races or should I find another race later in the year for my second one?

Replies

• Smithhart
    Smithhart Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    My husband is a triathlete and says you will be fine with that schedule.
    Good luck to ya!
  • tmcowan
    tmcowan Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    You should be fine....Good Luck!!!
  • jessmomof3
    jessmomof3 Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    3 weeks should be fine! Is your first one a super sprint? Normally sprints are around 600 yd swim/ 13 mile bike/ 5K run but there are super sprints that are shorter. You will do great!
  • bstamps12
    bstamps12 Posts: 1,184
    Options
    That should be fine and keep you working out after the first sprint tri instead of allowing yourself a "break" after the big accomplishment!
  • Celo24
    Celo24 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    3 weeks should be fine! Is your first one a super sprint? Normally sprints are around 600 yd swim/ 13 mile bike/ 5K run but there are super sprints that are shorter. You will do great!

Yup, the first one is a super sprint. 275m swim, 11 mile bike and 5K. The May 1 one is 500m swim, 13 mile bike and 3.6 mile run.

Thanks for your help everyone!!
  • jessmomof3
    jessmomof3 Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options

Yup, the first one is a super sprint. 275m swim, 11 mile bike and 5K. The May 1 one is 500m swim, 13 mile bike and 3.6 mile run.

Thanks for your help everyone!!

Well, the super sprint will be a good warm up trial run race for you! :bigsmile:
  • forthefab5
    forthefab5 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    To tell you the truth, I think once you get the first one done, you'll love it so much and be so psyched that you'll wish the second one was the following weekend :)
  • backinthenines
    backinthenines Posts: 1,083 Member
    Options
    At those distances absolutely no problem in terms of recovery.

Go for it.
  • sewsinthesouth
    Options
    I agree that you will be absolutely fine! Good Luck!!
  • Celo24
    Celo24 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much everyone. It's official: May 1, Kiwanis Triathlon in McKinney, TX for triathlon #2!!!