Lost My Mojo

Options
I NEED HELP!!!

When I started my weight loss journey about 4.5 years ago I had lost 50lbs! It took me awhile because I hadn't found MFP yet. When I had lost my weight I felt amazing!! Then I met my bf and slacked off and gained 30 of it back. I was starting to get unhappy again and lost that 30.

Then in May 2009 I went back to school. I took a fast tracked course so I had an exam every friday and it was stressful and of course I gained that 30 back and never lost it.

As of today I am only 11.8 lbs down from my higest weight and I am feeling depressed. A lot of my clothes arent fitting, hate getting dressed up or have to wear something other than my scrubs I wear to work. I have gotten to the point all I want to wear is jogging pants and those to are getting tight.

Seems like when I start working out again I go too strong and try and work out in the morning and a night and that will only last for a week or two then I stop all together. For me it seems like a visous cycle that right now I can't break!

Thank you for reading my short story and hoping together we can do this!!

Replies

• em_lou007
    Options
    WE CAN DO THIS!!!

:happy:

I have a kinda similar story to you with losing weight and putting it back on time and again. I've been doing MFP for 26 days now and have already lost 9lbs.

I am finding that this is working for me and I can already see that this will work for me long term - I think that is the big key - this is a LONG journey so the changes you make now need to be there long term. Like you say if your too ambitious at the start you can't keep it up then the vicious cycle starts all over again!

Good luck for this time and remember that it's healthy to lose weight slowly rather than quickly -so if you platau you are lighter than you were before, and if you gain a bit then use it to learn about yourself!!

have fun with MFP and add me as a friend if you want to :drinker:
  • polo571
    polo571 Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    Tough love time and I think we all need to hear this once in awhile.....You didnt slack off and the exams didnt make you fat. You chose not to be consistent. This is my opinion but the hardest thing I evver did was get real with myself and quit making excuses and hold myself accountable. Of people who loss weight only 15% are able to keep it off. The ones who do are consistent and do the work. If you need Mojo you have to get back to working out and eating right with baby steps and make the commitment. The only thing holding you back is you. Please add me as a fiend if you want to help and get help because in my opinion thats what works. I wish you the best but hard work is going to get you where you need to go.
  • mbuzalski
    mbuzalski Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    You are in the right place. This is a community of supporters! Ask for help and you will get it. Want to be pushed or held accountable, that can happen too! Feeling down about a bad day, week, month or weigh in, we will cheer you up. If you have friends encourage them and if you don't, MFP has plenty of people willing to keep your back.

You can do this and you will become stronger everyday!

I have faith in you!
  • rhodes2b
    rhodes2b Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    This is the place to get you mojo back! Good luck on your journey!
  • dmmsquared
    Options
    You can do this. MFP is great! I tried to look at your diary, but I don't see anything being logged... at least not for a while.

Start tracking your food again and remember that it's as much about what types of calories you take in as it is the number of calories you eat. A body that gets the right nutrients will work better and burn calories better. Packaged, processed, and fast foods all work against you.

Also, for me sodium was huge. I never realized just how much sodium I was eating until I started tracking in here on MFP. Once I started being careful about my sodium, things got better as well.

Also, make sure you're drinking your water. That's very important.

It's not going to come off fast. When you do it the right way, it will be slow and steady, but it will happen. And then it will be easier to keep it off. There's no magic pill... just determination and hard work, but YOU CAN DO IT!!!

Check out some of the posts in the link in my signature. I check them out every once in a while just to keep me on track.
  • jazzminx
    jazzminx Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    I seem to be the same way with working out. Go all out for a week or two and then life steps in and I lose my mojo all together. I'm trying to fight it. It's such a struggle, but it can be overcome. We can do this! Good luck on your journey!
  • Sweettart
    Sweettart Posts: 1,331 Member
    Options
    Thank-You everyone for making me realize that I am in the right place to help find my mojo!!

Today I am starting RevAbs. I have taken my measurements and will take my before pics tonight. I have never complete a workout routine so I'm hoping this one will be it!

Also, if I lose 60lbs by Dec 1 my bf will pay for my trip that we are going on in Dec! That should be motivation in itself!!
  • jjjuuunnniiieee
    Options
    What I've found is that all the times before when I've tried to do too much at once, I ended up crashing and burning.

This time around, I'm doing it properly, and I've tried to alter my mindset so that even if I only lose 1lb a week, at least it's 1lb less. This way, I give myself time to adjust to my new eating habits, making the right choices, and getting my butt into the gym.

You've proven to yourself that you CAN lose the weight, I think you just need to work on maintaining the weight-loss.

You've done it before! You can do it now! There are a lot of very encouraging people on this forum, whenever you're feeling like you're slowing down a bit, come post here! I've found that posting on here and having online friends to watch my progress really helps me out a lot.
  • oregonlady
    oregonlady Posts: 2,743 Member
    Options
    i'm with you girlfriend!:wink::wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:

i've gained most of my mfo weight loss and i feel bad.:cry::cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

but the key is for us not to give up!:drinker: :drinker: :drinker:

we can do this!:bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • Sweettart
    Sweettart Posts: 1,331 Member
    Options
    Oregonlady- YES WE CAN!!
  • Jazznit
    Jazznit Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Hey Sweettart,

I feel your pain! I have had a similar journey. I was up to 180 lbs in 2007 when I finished college. I lost 40 lbs and felt amazing. However I have since gained the weight back and am struggling with follow through.
    I compare my weight loss story to when I sucessfully quit smoking over 5 years ago.Before I quit for good I had tried quitting at least a dozen times before. Then suddenly after the twelf time .. it allllll clicked and I was done, i quit and i never looked back.
    I am hoping that this experience is the same with weight loss. After each time I fall off the wagon.I have to pick myself up and ask myself "what did you learn this time?".
    One thing I am trying now is I keep a journal with a current picture of myself with no makeup and in all my overweight glory. Before I eat I stop and look at that picture and think about what helathy choice I can make?,am i hungry... etc. So far this week it's worked!

I believe in you!