Good breakfast?

Options
What would be a good low calorie/high energy breakfast? I usually just eat a pop tart or a bowl of cereal, but I know that isn't good. Thanks!

Replies

• deeanne22
    Options
    I eat high protein low carbs all day.

I have either 2 scrambled eggs with 1 slice burgen bread toasted or 1 bagel toasted and a banana.

I find I am not even hungry at 10 when I should be eating an apple
  • melodyg
    melodyg Posts: 1,423 Member
    Options
    Some ideas I like:

scrambled egg/egg whites with vegetables (mushrooms, onions, peppers, whatever I have) with a little cheese
    oatmeal (the kind you cook on the stove) with whole wheat toast
    high fiber cereal with skim milk
    smoothies (yogurt with fruit)
    fruit & cheese for mornings on the go
  • salto
    salto Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I eat an egg white & vegetable omelette. Sometimes I add a bit of RF cheese. Very low cal/low fat and filling. You really need to have protein for breakfast.
  • kcampbell453
    kcampbell453 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I usually have a Thomas's English Muffin (100 Cal ones) with a tablespoon of creamy peanut butter and an apple. It seems to help me feel more full longer than cereal or something sugary. I believe it's about 200 calories.
  • Restlessme
    Restlessme Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Thomas bagel thins - 110
    Stove top oatmeal with mashed banana in it.
  • JenaePavlak
    JenaePavlak Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    I love scrambled eggs in the morning! High in protein, low in carbs.. I save the carbs for lunch (if I even eat them for lunch) because I believe your body will work off your own energy when no carbs are in your system, but if you have carbs in the morning, your body will be working off of the carb energy... if that makes sense to you..
  • disneymom94
    disneymom94 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I agree, I think you need protein to help keep you going. I usually have half of an Arnolds sandwich thin, toasted with some lean ham (Oscar Meyer deli fresh types) and reduced fat swiss cheese. A piece of fruit rounds it out and is still under 200 calories.
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    What would be a good low calorie/high energy breakfast? I usually just eat a pop tart or a bowl of cereal, but I know that isn't good. Thanks!

Pop tarts are the devil. There is not one thing nutritious about them. High in sugar and fat and low in fiber, bad combination. If you eat these at all it should be as a treat not a normal food staple. Cereal is fine, depending on the type and what you add to it.
  • gp79
    gp79 Posts: 1,799 Member
    Options
    For the past couple months I've been doing

Chobani Greek Yogurt, mixed with
    Flaxseeds
    Kashi Go Lean Crunch Cereal.
    Thomas English Muffin (100 or 120 calorie whole wheat / multigrain) drizzled with a tiny bit of honey.

Feel free to look at my diary, I have it practically every morning and It's around 350-400 calories.
  • dracobaby82
    dracobaby82 Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    these are some great reply's !! I'm loving the ideas, because I need them as well!
  • BStayer
    Options
    Usually I have a shake with a frozen banana (sometimes strawberries too), 1 tblsp. honey, chocolate protein powder, and creatine. Sometimes I'll add a tblsp. of peanut or almond butter or 1/2 cup of quick oats as well. It depends on my workout that day as to exactly which I'll use.

I'll follow that up later in the morning with 2 egg whites and 1 whole egg, all hard boiled.
  • fallingstarr
    Options
    Thanks for all the great suggestions everyone!!!!!!