I'm a knot-head!!!

Options
I was working on my car this afternoon, taking out the dashboard to put a new one in. I got out to get a tool and when I got back in I whacked my forehead on the roof of the car! :explode: (t-tops are off because it's stripped down to bare metal) I just sat down and couldn't say a word. Trust me, I thought of a few! It hurt SO bad! :cry: I now have a bruise and a knot in the middle of my forehead. And a headache.

Hey, no one has ever called me graceful.

Replies

• mechanicmom
    mechanicmom Posts: 5,697 Member
    Options
    I was working on my car this afternoon, taking out the dashboard to put a new one in. I got out to get a tool and when I got back in I whacked my forehead on the roof of the car! :explode: (t-tops are off because it's stripped down to bare metal) I just sat down and couldn't say a word. Trust me, I thought of a few! It hurt SO bad! :cry: I now have a bruise and a knot in the middle of my forehead. And a headache.

• CrystalBella
    CrystalBella Posts: 848 Member
    Options
    ouchie! take some mortin and call it a nite.

kudos for you for even workin on a car.. i just barely like to check my oil. esp if i just got my nails done. lol i'm sucha chick.
  • Mufasa0331
    Mufasa0331 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    OWWWIEE!! I'm sorry! Make sure you stay away for a while and put some ice on it to help with swelling.
  • BrandNewLaura
    BrandNewLaura Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    Aww that stinks...hope you feel better soon! Although, if there's a good side, maybe the throbbing in your head will burn some calories! :tongue:
  • mechanicmom
    mechanicmom Posts: 5,697 Member
    Options
    Aww that stinks...hope you feel better soon! Although, if there's a good side, maybe the throbbing in your head will burn some calories! :tongue:

:laugh: :laugh:
  • emorym
    emorym Posts: 344
    Options
    OWWW!!!!

Hope your head feels better in the morning. I think it is awesome that you are working on your own car also. Way to go girl. I just taught my daughter and her friend how to fix the toilet. I think it is so important that girls learn how to do stuff like that. Wait till I tell her she has to change the oil in the car next:smile:
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options

Ouch! :flowerforyou: Should you see a doctor? Sounds bad... like a potential concussion! hope you're feeling better quick!
  • GoGetterMom
    GoGetterMom Posts: 852 Member
    Options
    ow.jpg Hope you are feeling better soon!
  • Mely
    Mely Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Put ice, ice and more ice on it. A bump is a swelling and bruising is bleeding under the skin. You need to bring down the swelling so there aren't any complications. Icing it will also help the headache.

A year ago I sneezed and threw my head down (as I always do) and banged my face on the handle of my vacuum cleaner! :embarassed: It was just under my eye on the eye socket bone. It blew up to scary proportions immediately. When I told someone what happened they said, you should make up a different story when you explain it next time. I had a nice shiner for a week after that.

good luck
  • shorerider
    shorerider Posts: 3,817 Member
    Options
    41.gif

Sorry-hope you feel better! Did you put some ice on it? That should help.
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    That hurt my head just reading about it!

Take care of that knot.:flowerforyou: