HELP ME!!!!!

Options
Need some new exercises, some new food idea, some new motivation.... I know it will take time to get it off as it took time to put it on... but seriously... why can I not stay motivated??????? I'm not giving up though...just got to get to a point where excuses are not my best friend and I just DO IT!!!!! Looking in the mirror and not like what I see staring back at me should be all the motivation I need...but why is it not?

Replies

• avalonfloyd
    Options
    I know how you feel. It's really hard to get the motivation and even harder to keep it! I've gotten now to where my breakfast and exercise routine are just that - a routine. It helps that I don't have to think about it, I just do it. I make a cup of coffee with a tbsp of creamer and half a cup of oatmeal with a little milk and 2 tsp of maple syrup every morning, basically on auto-pilot. Then I eat it, surf the net (check out MFP!) and then go and workout for 40 minutes.

I think my best motivation has been my cousin (I live with my aunt). She wants to lose weight too, and even though she's having a tougher time than I have been losing the weight, just knowing that she's going to be working out too, and eating better, spurs me on to do it. I try to work out before she does, but if I'm feeling lazy and haven't done it, when I see her working out, it makes me want to do it too. (It might also be because I want to be as skinny as her and don't want her to get so much further away from my weight! lol. We're about 50lb apart right now)

Maybe try and find someone who you aspire to look like. Not necessarily a celebrity, since they have whole teams of people and tons of money to spend on looking good! But someone in your life, a friend or family member. Or pick some event in the future that you want to look better for. I am tired of being the biggest of my cousins at Thanksgiving and Christmas, so I'm really pushing myself to get to where I look the same as them! (they are all fairly skinny people.)

Hope this helps?
  • YassSpartan
    YassSpartan Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    Do you like taking medicines when you're sick?
    Do you like taking a class you hate, but you have to or you won't be able to graduate?
    Do you have to do things you don't like, but you must, otherwise things around you won't be how they're supposed to be for your own good?

To me the first 2-3 weeks of working out are the initial phase when you'll feel like quitting and like not doing crap. Just like above, do it cause you MUST and push yourself. Your body and mind are just used to not workout and not eat healthy, and if you don't train yourself no one else will. Then you'll become addicted to working out and you'll actually feel bad when you skip a day. It is a process, but you must start and stick to it.
  • YassSpartan
    Options
    Also, I saw someone else do this and I think it will be a good idea to share it with you. Make two lists, one with all the reasons why you should get fit, workout and eat healthy, the other one with all the reasons why you shouldn't. Be 100% honest and then you'll know why to be motivated.
  • Nailrep
    Nailrep Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    If weight loss was easy, everybody would be skinny! Don't beat yourself up! It will come. Take it in baby steps! Diet per day, not per week or month. Everyday, have a goal in mind (I will not eat sweets or I will walk 30 minutes, etc) Switch up the goals daily. The next day might be to drink all your water or make sure you stay under your calorie allotment. Each daily accomplishment will add up in the end. You can and WILL do it!
  • jfgstrack1
    Options
    This site should help you! I've been here a few weeks and it's making a difference. I just couldn't stay focused and constantly failed. Having to document and knowing I can come here to express myself is helping. I don't think there's anything new in the diet world, still the same "eat right, limit portions, and exercise."

It's wonderful being able to read and respond to others who are having the same feelings, problems and challenges. Friend me if you like and we can share this path to a new, great body!
  • taiyola
    taiyola Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    This site actually keeps me motivated. Having dropped 1.5" off my waist and 0.5" off my hips in 6 days keeps me motivated. The fact that I know this works because of other members... and I'm fed up of letting this thing that only *I* can change ruin my life! :noway:
  • jewelzz
    jewelzz Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    :bigsmile: I am going to have that song in my head all day now! I'm bringing sexy back...lalalalalalalalala
  • jackie1473
    Options
    Go to sparkrecipes.com for food ideas!! It gives you breafast, snacks, lunch and dinner ideas! Enjoy! If you have On Demand there is exercise tv with a lot of free exercises! Good luck! Try Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred after the first day you feel as if you have accomplished something
  • YassSpartan
    Options
    :bigsmile: I am going to have that song in my head all day now! I'm bringing sexy back...lalalalalalalalala

LOL