Roller Blading/ Inline Skating Question

Options
Do you really burn so many calories roller blading? I Cha-Cha'ed it and it said almost 900 an hour!

It really doesn't seem like intense working out even when im hauling butt...

Do any of you roller blade? If so.. does it really burn all those calories?

Replies

• wriglucy
    wriglucy Posts: 1,064 Member
    Options
    I was just playing around in the exercise tab, and the 2 that are listed there vary. I guess...the best way to tell would be with a heart rate monitor.

Good luck!
  • georgiagorwell
    Options
    I did two hours of roller derby and put that in as roller blading and it came out as 1400kcals!! I guess it is because it is aerobic as well as stregnth but I'm not sure Ibelieve it either.
  • MermaidFaith
    MermaidFaith Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    i do not know how many calories but it is very good for you, you use ALOT of muscles including your core muscles you are using for balance. great, fun way to do your cardio i love rollerblading alot, cant wait for warmer drier weather . Getting some new skates within the month!
  • Ayre
    Ayre Posts: 15
    Options
    I really don't know, but I still love being able to skate! I know about the calories burned thing. I skated one day at a kids party for three hours and burned nearly 2.000 calories. It didn't seem like it, but maybe because it was fun! I do know though that three days later it set in and I realized how old I really was. Let's just say I know I am not six years old anymore! :) Have fun skating!