Bad Days and Holidays!

Options
Hi everyone,

I am relatively new to mfp and would like some advice. Before that though, I'd like to say thank you to all of you for inspiring me and keeping me on track so far. Your stories are very motivating and inspiring.

I am slightly concerned though. I haven't had a very good afternoon/evening. Have eaten healthy etc but am tired, TOM and have had a poorly miserable little boy to cope with today! Would like to know what you all do when you have a bad day at work/home/arguments with partners/friends and how you stay on track with losing weight. I know I should put it behind me but I always drink an extra glass of wine and have just eaten 4 (now 5!) chocs which has tipped me over the edge of my daily calorie intake!
Also, the next month is full of family visiting us and us visiting other family and then we are on holiday from mid march. I would like to be really good over the next 2 weeks (the family visiting bit!) so I feel confident to wear a bikini on holiday! I know we will be going out lots and I am going to try and keep up with exercise but if anyone has any tips on how to stay on track, it would be greatly appreciated!
Many thanks
Please help!
xxx

Replies

• cardbucfan
    cardbucfan Posts: 10,396 Member
    Options
    Take a deep breath and let today be done. You can't go back and change it so don't worry about it. But, don't make it a habit. When you have special events or folks visiting, you have to make time for YOU. Plan out your meals maybe saving more calories for dinner and eating lighter at breakfast, lunch and snacks. Plan to get your exercise in every day. You have a good plan so stick to it. Everybody has bad days the key is not to let them derail you. Good luck and have fun with your family!
  • 1983Miller
    1983Miller Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Keep thinking 'Me First" everything you do and eat and think, keep it your goal at the fore front of your brain. I would say planning is key. Go out to eat that would be easier and less stressful than satisfying everyone's tastes. Go online to search out menu and calorie levels of the foods you would eat at certain restaurants. Know what you will order before you go. Exercise everyday no matter what, encourage the kids and family to join you with a fun DVD cardio or dance, 30 minutes goes by fast! Otherwise just plan to do your own thing when they are still sleeping in the morning. Chocolate is ok if you just limit yourself but if that seems impossible, let your kids eat it all up! just kidding. Throw it away if you have to, you might feel guilty about throwing it away, but you feel guilty if you eat it too. Good luck and keep the planning in your mind and I am sure you will find the inner strength!
  • Rebeccamoore
    Rebeccamoore Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for your advise. I will try and get them walking and exercising to dvd's, great fun with more people, I quite agree. Great tip to look up in advance online how many calories are in dishes before we go out for lunches and dinners. I have got a few recipes up my sleeve for when we don't go out and I am determined to fill in my daily diary so I don't go off track. Think I will stick a photo on the fridge of me at my biggest and that will motivate too, I hope!
    Thank you my friends!
    xxx