70 lbs lost in 103 days!

Options
Thank you MFP! I just passed the 70 lb milestone this morning after joining MFP on Nov 10th, and I tuly feel great, and ready to continue this jouney. I still have about 100 lbs to go, but I have found this weight loss process to be relatively painless. As I mentioned in previous logs, I was always skeptical and unable to follow the "no carb", "no this", "no that" diets because they weren't practical. Life throws you into all kinds of situations where you are exposed to bad foods, and keeping to those regimens was futile, and led me to give up. I've managed this loss through our annual holiday/birthday party marathon, and thanks to MFP, it has allowed me the flexibility to do this in a reasonable way. That said, I've cut out things like juices (try eating your juices instead), cut back comfort foods (pizza once a month), and has led me to read labels and research what I eat, in order to make better choices. I am now motivated to workout 4-5 times a week, where I am now focusing on calorie and fat burns. And I can't say enough about the MFP community who has been great. Thanks to my friends for the encouragement. My diary is open to anyone who wants to see it, just send me a "friend" request, and I'll add you on. (I find keeping the diary open holds me accountable to what I'm doing.) P.S. I know I had promised some pictures last blog, but I'm still looking for some recent "before" pictures - funny, I didn't have a lot of pictures of me taken last year :) Will post some pictures at my next milestone. Thxs all, SSG.

Replies

• jacksonde24
    Options
    Congrats on your success!!!
  • nataliemra
    Options
    CONGRATS!
  • mrmarius
    mrmarius Posts: 1,802 Member
    Options
    wow congrats thats alot lost in a short amount of time!
  • Girlypeekaboo
    Options
    Wow congrats hun!!! Keep it up!!
  • JustCallMeNellz
    JustCallMeNellz Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Congrats! That is an amazing accomplishment. You'll reach your goal in no time.
  • lrodriguez83
    Options
    AWESOME!!!!! Congrats and keep up the awesome work.
    MFP is an amazing site! The support and encouragement truly help!
  • Nikayla11209
    Options
    WOOO HOOO! :D
  • Dmonique85
    Options
    Wow, that's reallly awesome. Congrats & good luck on the rest of your journey :)
  • Briacha
    Briacha Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    AWESOME! :bigsmile: Keep up the excellent work!
  • Oppie81
    Options
    Wow! Great Job!
  • lloydrt
    lloydrt Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    congratulations on a job well done, slap......you and your family should be so proud of your accomplishments...........Lloyd
  • fiensiferum
    Options
    Thats awesome!!
  • SheliaN1960
    SheliaN1960 Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    Amazing inspiration! As a MFP friend I want to thank you for keeping me motivated and positive! It is fitness pals like you that gives us support and determination when it is needed!!! Best wishes to you on the rest of your journey!!
  • losingme
    losingme Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Great loss go you xx cant wait for before / after pics
  • gp79
    gp79 Posts: 1,799 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your progress. 70lbs in 103 days is a fast weight loss. Would you elaborate a little more about how you did it? Your starting weight and lifestyle, eating habits and such, as compared to what you are doing now?

It's great to hear about peoples successes but it's nice know where they were coming from and what they did to achieve their success.
  • emiliewright
    emiliewright Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    WOW!!! Amazing! Keep it up :)
  • toodleton
    Options
    Wow! That is awesome!
  • Denise6914
    Options
    Congrats, you are doing great!
  • yourieann
    yourieann Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    great job!!!!!!
  • Ms_Natalie
    Ms_Natalie Posts: 1,030 Member
    Options
    what an amazing achievement. Feel proud! x
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!