Shred

Options
Day 4 and feeling good! I've noticed that my endurance has gone up, but I don't know about any physical changes yet.

Replies

• mouthofthesouth
    mouthofthesouth Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Just started the shred today! I can feel it already and it's only 9 am. I can't wait to see the results. Did you take pics of yourself before? It was ugly but I did it.....if nothing else, just a reminder to myself that bikini season is right around the corner :laugh:
  • tiffsNEWlife
    Options
    I just completed this, and I lost about 10 pounds and 4 inches!
  • KristenAnn711
    Options
    Just started the shred today! I can feel it already and it's only 9 am. I can't wait to see the results. Did you take pics of yourself before? It was ugly but I did it.....if nothing else, just a reminder to myself that bikini season is right around the corner :laugh:

I did take pictures, but I got grossed out and deleted them ha ha.
  • SweetToothFreak
    Options
    I just started this morning! Hoping to see some results I did take before pictures and man were they ugly!!
  • tansyg
    tansyg Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I finished day 20 today. Feeling good! i definitely see a difference. I will post results in 10 days time. good luck everyone!
  • SweetToothFreak
    Options
    When did you start moving up a level? Just when it started getting easier?
  • SweetToothFreak
    Options
    How do you enter this in as an excercise?
  • tansyg
    Options
    I did the full ten days of each level. I did take two sundays in a row off, so it has taken me 22 days so far. On MFP I just added a new excercise. I looked on internet to see how many calories burned on the shred (about 175) and went with that.
  • mislove68
    Options
    You can add it as circuit training since thats what it is. And its 27 minutes. Depending on your weight you can burn more or less calories.

I lost about 5 pounds doing this and many inches.
  • KristenAnn711
    Options
    What were your diets like during shred? I'm eating a lot of whole grains, fruit and yogurt. Tying to fit in protien and veggies too. I rest on Sunday, yesterday I overate but now when I rest on Sunday I'm going to still eat well, and probably just do a walk around my block.
  • SweetToothFreak
    Options
    I did the full ten days of each level. I did take two sundays in a row off, so it has taken me 22 days so far. On MFP I just added a new excercise. I looked on internet to see how many calories burned on the shred (about 175) and went with that.

Thank you!! I am going to try it that way!
  • mislove68
    Options
    What were your diets like during shred? I'm eating a lot of whole grains, fruit and yogurt. Tying to fit in protien and veggies too. I rest on Sunday, yesterday I overate but now when I rest on Sunday I'm going to still eat well, and probably just do a walk around my block.

I eat yogurt every morning. Some mornings I add in a clementine or a whole grain english muffin.
    Lunch I eat a salad with dressing. I have the dressing on the side.
    I eat most of my calories for dinner. And i usually eat something with turkey or chicken. Like tonight I am having turkey meatloaf.

If I got to the gym(which I do twice a week) then I have a whey protein shake after.

I really just try to stay away from salty food and high fat.
  • Kai85
    Kai85 Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    Hi

I'm doing the shred to - on day 3 today and I can say I have never been in so much pain!!! It hurts to walk up stairs, sit down, stand up, even to laugh! I'm actually wondering if this is normal?? I'm loving doing it though and I have made my body a commitment that I will finish it. I'm also doing the C25K (up to week 6 of this) and on off days of C25K I add in some eliptical. I took photos and they too were quite bad but I held off on deleting them because I really want to see the change. I measured myself today and have already lost 2cm off my waist!

Keep with it and good luck : )
  • SweetToothFreak
    Options
    On my second day of Shred! My peck's hurt like crazy!!! Feels good though! Can I ask something..... What is this C25K?
  • Kai85
    Kai85 Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    Hi SweetTooth,

I'm on day 4 of shred now and today was the first time that I didn't completely ache all over.... success!

C25K is Couch to 5 km. Basically it's a program designed to help people (with no previous experience) learn to run for longer times and distances. I really enjoy it. There's an app which is brilliant. I think you can get a lot of info by googling it...this is one site that explains it http://www.coolrunning.com/engine/2/2_3/181.shtml
  • tansyg
    Options
    day 21 complete today. ``Level three is a killer, but I feel great now. Hopefully in 2 days time level 3 will feel easier like it did with 1 and 2.
  • jrlitt76
    jrlitt76 Posts: 52
    Options
    can you gusy tell me what the 'shred' is? or specifically what the program entails? thanks!