Back from a "no-dieting/fitness" abyss! Want to start a new

Options
So I started on this site about a month ago, then a whole bunch of stuff came up and I kinda stopped. I've been trying to lose weight all summer, I started at 160 (in May) and am now at 152! I just can't seem to make it past that 150 mark. Which is what really got me down and why I stopped everything.

I want to get down to 130 by next Sept. (I'M GETTING MARRIED, finally!, it's taking my fiance about 2 years to propose!) My newest, closer, goal is to get to 142 by Halloween. so I just wanted to put the word out to see if anyone wants to get together to do a challenge or motivational/renewing thread.

I think it would definitly keep me going if I had some help, and I know there are ton's of challege's going on, but i hate to start in the middle of something....so if anyone wants to join me lets record our progress on excersizing and mentality every week, then every two weeks report your weight. Sound good?

New Challenge Sept. 15-21:

Weight: 152
Goal: 142

All Right everyone! Let's get started!

-Laura

Replies

• laurabelle25
    Options
    So I started on this site about a month ago, then a whole bunch of stuff came up and I kinda stopped. I've been trying to lose weight all summer, I started at 160 (in May) and am now at 152! I just can't seem to make it past that 150 mark. Which is what really got me down and why I stopped everything.

I want to get down to 130 by next Sept. (I'M GETTING MARRIED, finally!, it's taking my fiance about 2 years to propose!) My newest, closer, goal is to get to 142 by Halloween. so I just wanted to put the word out to see if anyone wants to get together to do a challenge or motivational/renewing thread.

I think it would definitly keep me going if I had some help, and I know there are ton's of challege's going on, but i hate to start in the middle of something....so if anyone wants to join me lets record our progress on excersizing and mentality every week, then every two weeks report your weight. Sound good?

New Challenge Sept. 15-21:

Weight: 152
    Goal: 142

All Right everyone! Let's get started!

-Laura
  • carmenberard
    Options
    I'm in...My wedding is on August 29th, 2009 and I barely got into my wedding dress on Satrday when I took my bridesmaids to see it....big motivation to lose the weight...noone likes seeing a bide's back and boobs spill out of her dress because her tummy is taking up most of the room :noway:

I'm currently at 221 (bad weekend...alot of wine...damn bridesmaids) and by halloween I'd like to be 210, seems like a small goal, but for me it's a biggie....about a pound a week. I plan to do it by sticking to my calories and keeping up with my aerobics/strength training every morning at 6am.

Brides unite!
  • amymeenieminymo
    amymeenieminymo Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your engagement! I'm in a wedding in a couple weeks so that has been my main short term goal is to look better for that. Once that wedding is done I am hoping I will have my own next fall to lose weight for. My boyfriend and I went away this past weekend and I was hoping for a ring, but no :noway:

It's just as well though, I couldn't stop thinking about it and wondering if it was coming, and I want to be totally surprised. Plus it was raining all weekend and took away from any possible good time to do it (proposal in the rain is only romantic on TV).

I won't totally start freaking out about when he is going to do it until like November-ish since I'd like 9 mo-a year to plan.

Anyway, congrats and good for you for starting back on MFP. It is really a great place with lots of support. I've gotten to the point where I feel like crap if I cannot eat right and log my food. Most weekends I need to take a day off from logging, but Monday morning I cannot wait to get back on track and feel better.
  • Simone32
    Options
    I would love to join you guys! I am having a dreadful time trying to get under 150 also. I need some other motivation and having to keep up with you might be the extra kick in the butt I need. Also, if I lose ten by Halloween I won't feel so guilty about splurging on some candy!
  • laurabelle25
    Options
    Thanks you guys for replying!!! I'm so excited now. Ya, I'm going to see if my fiance wants to get the P90X DVDs and do those, i just don't like the gym very well, just because i don't think i'm doing the weight lifting right, so it feels like a waist of time, ya know. i already eat pretty good, but i'm using the nutritional thins on MFP to help. So good luck to you all!!!!
  • Jackie_W
    Jackie_W Posts: 1,676 Member
    Options
    I'd love to take part guys, it's my anniversdary next week (17 years) and I'd dearly love to lose my excess weight by this time next year's anniversary :happy:

I am a diabetic so I need to lose weight more than ever, I've lost 12lb so far, and got quite a few to go, so any and every bit of motivation will go a long way :flowerforyou:
  • PSUgrl921
    PSUgrl921 Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    Im in! I took a break for awhile, too. Summer got busy with work and now that school has started back I really don't want to gain as much as I did my freshman year. Like many of you, I am having trouble getting under 150, too! I have started to eat breakfast every morning which has been helping and I've been getting my lazy butt to the gym so ... I'm hoping to see a payoff.

Current Weight: 155
    Goal by Halloween: 145

Good luck everyone!
  • strawberryblonde
    Options
    I definatly need to join you guys... I am also stuck @ 152 (can't get under 150?):sad: . I started at 160 about a month ago.... but last week I fell off the wagon big time.... so group motivation would be key for me! My original goal was 145 lbs by the end of the month... so I would like to try and stick with that :bigsmile: Good luck!!!!
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    HI :bigsmile: my wedding is on August 15th 2009, and I've already lost lots in preparation but I'm not done yet. The real trick to this is sticking to it! And remembering that weight is just a number, it's the measurments that really count so make sure you're keping track. :flowerforyou: Congrats on your engagement and just keep focusing on that dress! Good luck!:drinker:
  • laurabelle25
    Options
    awesome everyone! I think we'll all do really great! I kinda already fell off the wagon. :sad: I know, I know, so soon. A friend came to stay with us and we went out and ate pizza. Darn those delicious pies! But today's a new day and I'm ready, don't think i'm going to the gym, but I'm going to work in the yard and give my pup a walk, that counts too! Anyway keep it up everyone!!!!
  • skittles20
    Options
    I'm in!!
    I fell off the wagon for a good three weeks and only recently got back into the swing of things and I could use something like this to keep me motivated.
    Start weight-143
    Goal weight-138
  • lynzz
    lynzz Posts: 45
    Options
    Me too, I'm in!!! I was on a plateau for weeks and weeks. I just now started losing again. It is my 10 year anniversary on October 24th, would love to be in the upper 140's by then.

My ultimate goal is to be 125...I am hoping to be there sometime early next year!!

Start Weight: 157
    Goal Weight: 147
  • Simone32
    Options
    Thanks you guys for replying!!! I'm so excited now. Ya, I'm going to see if my fiance wants to get the P90X DVDs and do those, i just don't like the gym very well, just because i don't think i'm doing the weight lifting right, so it feels like a waist of time, ya know. i already eat pretty good, but i'm using the nutritional thins on MFP to help. So good luck to you all!!!!

My fiance bought that months ago and I don't think the box has been open. I'm hoping that it is just because it has been so nice outside. (sounds like a legitimate excuse, eh?)
  • Simone32
    Options

My fiance bought that months ago and I don't think the box has been open. I'm hoping that it is just because it has been so nice outside. (sounds like a legitimate excuse, eh?)
  • AmyJ
    AmyJ Posts: 14
    Options
    Count me in. After 2 kids I'm ready to lose the weight that I lost before having kids.

Starting weight - 148.5
    goal weight - 138.5 - by Halloween
    final goal - 120 - by swim suit season of '09
  • laurabelle25
    Options
    Thanks again for everyone joining...this is just great! Let's have a check in on Mon to see where we're at with food and exercise....if ya'll want to put a weight in that's cool too. I hope i've lost at least something!

KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!
  • penniepie
    Options
    Can you guys count me in too! - I think i found a group that works for me..

5'8''
    CW = 139
    GW = 129
    Sencond GW by Nov 1st - 125!
  • laurabelle25
    Options
    Hello everyone!!!

Check In: Sept. 22-28

I thought I'd do a little check in for our FIRST WEEK DOWN!!!! Congrats to everyone who tried hard and stuck with it!!!:flowerforyou:

I didn't do the most steller job of sticking with the diet or the exercise last week, BUT I did do the best i could and i met my goal of exercising 3 days last week (i actually exercised more like 5 days last week!) So I'm really proud of myself there, however my eating could use a kick, and that's going to happen this week for sure! (I also partied a little too much:drinker:, so the next few weeks i have "off" from the party seen, no games, no beerfests, no nothing, just getting in shape!)

And I know I said that we could check in just eating and exercising every week and weight every other, but I lost 2lbs! since last monday and am soooo excited I had to write it down! Eating those exercise calories really does work!

So anyway! Keep up the good work you all!

Last week: 152
    This week: 150
    Goal: 142 by Halloween

-Laura
  • penniepie
    Options
    well im still at the same weight! 139!!
  • laurabelle25
    Options
    That's alright pennie! Just keep up the good work, hey, have you measured? Sometimes taking measurements show a little more progress.