Stuck

Options
Help...I am consistently eating less than the recommended number of calories to get to my goal weight, and I'm exercising 3-4 days per week and burning an average of 500 calories each time...for 2 weeks, i have lost NO weight...I'm really becoming frustrated - perhaps I'm not eating enough calories? I was recommended to stay at 1200, and most days I eat around 1000 to 1100. Drinking on average 6 glasses of water...I want to lost 10 pounds but no matter what i do, I'm not moving the scale...getting very defeated...any recommendations would be appreciated! I'm a 50 year old female 164 lbs. Thanks!

Replies

• Kate_UK
    Kate_UK Posts: 1,299 Member
    Options
    You need to eat a bit more. Last year I was following a plan that averaged about 1100 cals a day, and while at first I lot consistantly eventually the weight loss ground to a halt. A freind recommended MFP which calculated 1430 cals for me. At first I was skeptical because the 1100 was satisfying my hunger. But after just a week doing MFP I started to loose again.
  • schaapj2
    schaapj2 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    Your body is likely going into starvation mode because you are not eating the recommended calories. You should be eating AT LEAST 1200 calories a day to avoid having your body hold on to its weight b/c it thinks it's starving. I know it's a little counterintuitive, but try eating MORE THAN 1200 calories for a few days and continue your exercise.....try doing something different for exercise too, your body may be getting used to your exercise routine.

In sum:
    1. Eat more calories, your body is starving
    2. Vary your exercise routine
    3. Drink your water!
  • sherab69
    sherab69 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Dont let this defeat you! you are definatly eating to few calories. Try bumping it up to over the 1200 cals and try changing up your activity! If your walking try biking etc. Your body gets used to doing the same activities. If you use your muscles in a way they are not used to it will shock them and you will see results!
    Good luck and keep up the hard work!
  • pmcooper
    Options
    Thanks to all for your comments! I will definitely follow your suggestions...one other questions - when you gain those extra calories from exercising, how do I account for those? Just stick to the original 1200 or increase the calories based on exercise and calories burned? And more water - I know that is a huge requirement! Many thanks,