Screw you, scale!

Options
I hate you, and I ALMOST let it get to me that you told me this morning that I had gained 2 lb in the last month, even after working my butt off almost every day.

Well, up yours! Because I may have gained 2 lbs last month but I am officially down ONE PANTS SIZE!

And it's not a fluke. I tried on six different brands, and they all fit in the smaller size. So to hell with you, stupid scale! I am tired of worrying about when I weigh in, salt and water retention, time of day, time of the month, and all the other crap you come along with.

The pants don't lie, and you are going in the trash!

Replies

• Vixxta
    Vixxta Posts: 31
    Options
    I'm with you, Heather! Let's stage a revolt!! I'm looking better, feeling better, and my clothes are flapping!!! So, why am I such a slave to the scale?
  • amyjthomas
    Options
    Congrats to you... I agree. It doesnt' matter to me what the scale reads. If I am a comfortable size 10 (still working on that :smile: ) and weight 150,160 or even 170 so be it. In the long run it is what makes you feel happy about yourself.
  • toodleton
    Options
    This post just cracked me up! You go girl! Divorce that scale and never look back! lol I totally agree it should be how you feel and when you're losing inches that is just as important as weight!!! It's all about getting smaller, who says the numbers have to be on a scale!!! :)
  • se7enc
    Options
    I've gained 6 pounds in the past month, but my scale says my body fat percentage is down 4%. That just means I'm gaining muscle more quickly than I'm losing fat. Maybe the same is happening to you?

Know this: every pound of muscle you develop burns an additional 2 pounds every year (as long as you don't let it atrophy).

Doctors frequently push for people to lose belly fat because it's so harmful to your organs, and it sounds like you're successfully doing just that! Remember that your weight is not as important as your BMI, body fat percentage, and waist size. That's why you shouldn't let your weight get you down.

Best of luck.
  • Jitteryspork
    Jitteryspork Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    NO NO!! Don't put your scale in the GARBAGE! Its not a fluke. Just because the scale says you gained weight, doesnt mean you got fatter! If you hold 1 lb of Fat in your left hand (EWW!) and 1 lb of muscle in the other, the muscle will be MUCH smaller! So gaining 2lbs of muscle means you could have lost 6lbs of FAT or more! The scale is good still probably! Give it a couple more go's.
  • fiensiferum
    Options
    Great job on going to a smaller size. i'm ready for that myself. Your body is changing and your building muscle. Just stay with it. dont worry about the scale
  • jennyjennbug
    Options
    Love it thats the way I feel about my scales it made me laugh so hard high five to you.:laugh:
  • bisky
    bisky Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    Good for you. I am with you. I started almost two week ago and I am up two pounds. But my wedding ring which was too tight to wear last month fits again.
  • Lisamariemlt
    Lisamariemlt Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Love your tude. I don't have one and won't have one. I just go by the fit and the feel. Congrats oin the weight loss so far
  • Floricienta
    Options
    That's awesome! good job!!!!!
  • MaryDreamer
    Options
    Congrats Heather! Have you been taking your measurements? I wouldn't ditch the scale, but good idea about not being overly concerned about the # as long as your size is right!
  • dshalbert
    dshalbert Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    Boooo scale! Yay Heather!!!
  • johnnya2
    Options
    Weight is not the number to judge things by (unless you are in a morbidly obese state). The idea is to reapportion your body. If your clothes fit better, or you need a smaller size count that as your victory. Realize that waist, arm, wrist, neck hip and all your other measurements matter as much as the scale.
  • amoffatt
    amoffatt Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    Yes! I have literally thrown my scale out the door and into the trash because it said I gained weight and I busted my butt. The clothes we put on tell us the truth, if we are in a smaller size, we are loosing inches! Which in the end turns into loosing weight. My scale can read a few pounds, gained or lost, depending on where I put it on the floor. I try to put it in the same spot. The time of day, some say morining, others say evening, I have done both. One has said higher weight, then the next time, I weighed it was reversed. I feel more people should trust their clothes over the scale, there are too many factors that can show weight gain or weight loss without it all being true! Good for you and keep up the positive work.
  • Emergia
    Options
    So true...
    Congrats on your progress...

I will drop a pant size too... soon at that :D
  • amycal
    amycal Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    LOL Love it! It definitely matters what size you are versus what number on the scale says. You must be blasting fat and strengthening your muscles.
  • ChefJenn
    ChefJenn Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    oh I feel ya.. I hate that damn square behind the bathroom door
  • CoastieGMWife
    Options
    Never forget : Muscule weighs more than fat!

Keep up the good work!
  • Marll
    Marll Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    Of course weight is a good indicator of progress, but sometimes you can certainly get smaller but not loose any pounds.

I try to only weigh myself once a week at the very most, as any little fluctuations that aren't in favor of loosing weight make me mad LOL.

Years ago when I did Atkins to loose about 100lbs, there were times I'd go down 2 pant sizes in a month but my weight was exactly the same.

I finally just figured that as long as I looked good in clothes (and out of them) what did I care what the scale said? If the scale said 500lbs and you LOOKED like you were your ideal weight, would you care?
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!