Am starving after exercise, need help

Options
Hi, When I exersice, not just a walk, but an intense workout, I can't seem to stop eating, I feel that days have gone by without a meal. I have tried to have a good protien/fiber meal after a workout, but why can't I stop eating?

Replies

• Rhiven43
    Options
    I would suggest eating some type of healthy carb either before or right after or both. Whole grains, fruit or veggies, or a combination- maybe even a protein shake with some fruit mixed in. The protein is good, but I think having a healthy carb as well might help.
  • amylynne26
    amylynne26 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    how soon BEFORE you work out are you eating? I had the same problem and I feel much better if I have a snack like a Luna bar or something similar 30 minutes or so before I work out.
  • twooliver
    twooliver Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    Some kind of protein before you exercise, like a snack bar will help!
  • xNightguestx
    xNightguestx Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem, after i finish an hours workout i go for a really long bath so i don't eat immediately after working out (they say you continue burning for a bit after and not to eat for an hour, with zumba anyway) then i have two salad wraps with tuna or chicken and it does the trick and i appreciate it even more because i waited. Also when i get a little hungry through the day i have a green tea, takes my mind off it and really clears you out! lol
  • Delked
    Delked Posts: 14
    Options
    Thanks for the suggestions, I'll try to not eat for an hour afterwards then have carbs and protiens. Though I did a search and found out that those who are women and who are obese (like me) do not get the benifit of Leptin that the sknnier ones do, that for some reason leptin is not as effective in letting one know when one is full. Guess one just has to edit themselves really well and not give into the starvation one feels after a workout. Sigh