Eating properly, food pyramids, exercise calories etc, etc,

Options
Braindump ..... :flowerforyou:

OK this is really tough, so today have tried for the first time ever to eat all my exercise calories and eat according to the food pyramid, so good healthy foods ... when I completed my food diary today, I was supposed to eat 1678, I've managed 1500 .. but my projected weight loss for the next 5 weeks, is way lower than it was when I was eating under 1200 and not eating my exercise calories .. I know that is stating the obviousI know that is the healthy way to lose weight, but it's still scary in that Im scared Im eating too much and it will take so long to get where I want to go, but then I guess Im getting nowhere fast now !!:cry:

Now tomorrow, I've got a lot on, a big walk in the evening with a bit of sprinting and my cycle to and from work, giving me well, well over 2,000 calories to eat, which Im never going to be able to do .. I could cry with the frustration of understanding all this stuff and trying to lose weight .. I know how to put it on easy enough :bigsmile: Im pretty sure that is y half the time people just eat very little, it's much easier to understand.

I get all the nutritional stuff behind it and I've read some very informative threads on here, helping me to understand, but putting it into practise is very, very hard ..... oh well, just have to keep plodding on and hopefully a miracle will happen while Im stuffing myself trying to eat a million calories .. albeit with very good nutrional, low energy dense foods :bigsmile: see, some of it sunk it :bigsmile:

Replies

• TropicalKitty
    TropicalKitty Posts: 2,298 Member
    Options
    Don't be too hard on yourself. It takes time to figure out your body. The restriction thought is a common one, especially when you see the ads and all that jazz in the media. You have to feed your body properly. It may seem like you are eating a lot when you switch to eating natural foods - veggies aren't as calorie dense as Burger King or other things common in the American diet.

The other thing I can add is, check out Harvard's School of Public health.They have a food pyramid that is based on science, not lobbying by interest groups like the government's pyramid. There are similarities, but I have also found it to be more reasonable.
  • losinginga
    Options
    Thanks for the information on the Harvard Pyramid. I just downloaded.