Which would you pick? A meal choice when going out...

Options
I will be going out next weekend for dinner. Unfortunately I am not in charge of picking the place to eat and it just so happens that it is a pub (Wood's Taphouse and Bar). My question is, what do you think is the least detrimental food to eat. I looked at their menu online, but there is no nutritional information. I just need to make an educated guess. My choices are,
Quesadilla Cheese, chicken, tomatoes, and onions in a 12" tortilla. With sour cream and salsa

Club Salad Ham, shredded cheese, tomatoes, cucumbers, and a hard boiled egg, tossed to perfection.

Fajita Pita Everything you know and love in a fajita including onions, red pepppers, green peppers, cheese and your choice of chicken breast or beef steak wrapped in a delicious pita

Woodys Club Sandwich Woodys take on a classic. A grilled sub bun with bacon, chicken, lettuce, cheese, tomatoes and pickles.

Kananaskis Klub Wrap All your favourites. A plump chicken breast, bacon, shredded cheese, lettuce, tomatoes, pickle and ranch dressing.

Which one would you pick?

Replies

• 4lafz
    4lafz Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    Of these - definately the Fajita Pita with grilled chicken
  • mlemonroe2
    Options
    I would do the quesadilla or the fajita pita.
  • TropicalKitty
    TropicalKitty Posts: 2,298 Member
    Options
    I'd go for the salad, honestly. But I've also been in a super mood for a chef salad!

The rest of the stuff is grilled with extra fake nasty greases added (I highly doubt a pub is going to be good and use olive oil or hormone free, all natural butter). Also, the tortillas for the quesadilla and wrap are excess refined carbs.

Or, just get what you want, be careful with the rest of your day, workout... Enjoy the dinner with your friends/family/whomever. One meal isn't the end of everything.
  • amy_p
    amy_p Posts: 82
    Options
    I would choose the Fajita Pita-- minus the cheese. The veggies are low in calories and filling. I'm sure the meat is grilled, so either would be fine although I'd probably pick the chicken because you don't know how lean a cut the steak is.

Have fun!!
  • LLeBrun
    Options
    Of course the salad seems to be the healthiest, but then you have to figure in dressings... Since it is a night out, I would go for the Kananaskis Klub Wrap minus the bacon and subsitute ranch dressing for light mayo.

Good luck!
  • somigliana
    somigliana Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    The fajita pita with chicken :)
    Enjoy!
  • sweetheart03622
    sweetheart03622 Posts: 928 Member
    Options
    I'd go with the pita with chicken. I worked at a restaurant that had something very similar (didn't have the cheese, but had a small drizzle of ranch dressing on it) and it was about 450 calories without any sides. Be sure to allow extra calories (I usually allow about 200-300 more than what I'm guessing the calories are) because restaurant food is WAY worse than what you'd make at home. Get in a good workout before you go and eat light, high fiber/protein food during the day. Other than that, enjoy yourself, you deserve it!
  • londoneye
    londoneye Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Remember, you can always ask them to hold the cheese/ranch dressing!
  • Happytobealive
    Options
    My choice of these would be the Fajita Pita w grilled chicken, no cheese. Hope you have a great time out and enjoy yourself.
  • kendf60
    kendf60 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    I agree with the fajita. If you can do the wrap without the bacon & dressing it could be a good choice too.
  • DawnOf1969
    DawnOf1969 Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    Club Salad Ham, shredded cheese, tomatoes, cucumbers, and a hard boiled egg, tossed to perfection. Dip your bites in your dressing, dont pour the dressing on top.

OR

Fajita Pita Everything you know and love in a fajita including onions, red pepppers, green peppers, cheese and chicken breast wrapped in a delicious pita
  • ka_42
    ka_42 Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    Of these - definately the Fajita Pita with grilled chicken

I would get this too! I go out to local places often where nutrition info isn't available. I try to get sauces on the side and if I have a sandwich asked for the bread to not be toasted. I've made that mistake too many times! My meal will come with bread that has been slathered in butter! Good luck!
  • Rhiven43
    Options
    My choice of these would be the Fajita Pita w grilled chicken, no cheese. Hope you have a great time out and enjoy yourself.

Ditto!! :smile:
  • ltlemermaid
    ltlemermaid Posts: 637 Member
    Options
    fajita pita with which ever meat-I usually like chicken, and no cheese
  • debrahw77
    Options
    I would do any of those...No Cheese (which would rule out the quesadilla)
  • 3LittleMonkeys
    3LittleMonkeys Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    Chef Salad with lite dressing on the side. Do the fork dip method for the dressing. Make sure no bacon and request the cheese on the side so you can judge how much you want to use.

My concern with the fajitas is, how much oil was used and pita bread can be high in fat/calories.

My other choice is the Klub minus the dressing and the bacon. Ask for a lite dressing on the side if you want.
  • rvice2
    rvice2 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    The salad and take your own dressing. My fiance has been a restaurant manager at many chains and I will tell you that all of the other choices have WAY to much fat. It might be grilled chicken or steak, but it is usually seared in butter and oil to give it extra flavor. If you choose a salad you can choose exactly what goes on it and you can take your own dressing or ask for salsa to be used as your dressing. By doing this you should be able to get pretty close to the calorie count.
  • 3LittleMonkeys
    Options
    You could see if they would alter the fajitas in regards to the oil.
  • 3LittleMonkeys
    Options
    The salad and take your own dressing. My fiance has been a restaurant manager at many chains and I will tell you that all of the other choices have WAY to much fat. It might be grilled chicken or steak, but it is usually seared in butter and oil to give it extra flavor. If you choose a salad you can choose exactly what goes on it and you can take your own dressing or ask for salsa to be used as your dressing. By doing this you should be able to get pretty close to the calorie count.

See that is my thought. Also when you request dressing like lite ranch, I swear it probably isn't. I always opt for the fork dip method of dressing when eating salads. Especially if I don't know for sure what the dressing is.