zumba by wii kinect - worth it?

Options
Sorry I made a typo, Has anyone tried the zumba game for the xbox kinect? Is it worth it?

Replies

• ajbeans
    ajbeans Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options
    Do you mean the Wii, or the Xbox 360 Kinect? Different systems.
  • sylviablakely
    sylviablakely Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I have pre-ordered Zumba for the Wii but its not being released until the 4th March (this is in Europe) so I hope to try it then. It looks great and the girl in the advert is a great incentive if you end up having a body like hers (and the energy). I go to Zumba every Monday night (about to leave soon to go to it) and love it. :happy:
  • vette49
    vette49 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I have Zumba by wii , its great!!!:smile:
  • ItsOn130
    ItsOn130 Posts: 269
    Options
    I have it for the Wii! I like it a lot! I take 2 Zumba classes during the week but the game is a good substitute. I would much rather be at a class, but I can't afford it!
  • ramseyrose
    ramseyrose Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    I have just ordered the normal Wii one, so will let you know how it goes. I have seen great reviews for it on here though
  • ktndj82104
    Options
    I have the zumba for the wii, it is a little hard to follow but I do like it. I burn about 300 calories with a 30 minute workout.
  • salto
    salto Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I just got it for Wii and I love it. Even at the beginner level it's a really good workout. It breaks down the steps so you can learn them, and you earn points by doing the moves right. When I get lost or out of synch I just jump around a lot until I find my place.
  • ChelseaRW
    ChelseaRW Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    I have the wii Zumba. Its pretty fun and I do work up a sweat. Only down fall is that it is "heat image" people so that its hard to tell the exact dance moves(my real videos save me). I 've noticed a couple of glitches where it doesn't keep time exactly then speeds up to "catch up" so if you are overly focused on score it will bug you. If you are focused on the fact that it gets ya movin...it won't bother ya. (and on the glitch thing...don't know if its all discs, my wii, or my own personal disc.)
  • jrbanta
    jrbanta Posts: 4,242 Member
    Options
    I go to a Zumba class on Mondays too. I'm interested in the Wii Zumba. Does it need extra parts to the orininal Wii to work or is it just a game/dance DVD?
  • 00Angela00
    00Angela00 Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    sorry made a typo, I meant the xbox kinect
  • danniwhit
    danniwhit Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I have Zumba on the Kinect and I like it a lot. I did the beginner 20 min workout a few times, now I only do the 45 minute Imtermediate workout, and am working towards the expert workout which I believe is 60 minutes. It definitely gives you a workout and goes fast!! It is hard to follow for me a little bit in some areas, but I have trouble learning by mirror image anyway. They will break down dances so you can learn it easier. I think the game is definitely worth it.
  • fiona408
    fiona408 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I have the zumba for the kinect as well, and I love it! I'm not a class/work out in public person, so working from home is great for me. I do the 45 minute intermediate classes right now...hopefully I'll get to the 60 minute class soon. The menu annoys me a little, but the game itself is fun. I don't focus on points at all, and even if I'm doing the moves totally right, but it gets me moving and my heart going, so I know it works. I HATED working out until I found zumba....now I look forward to working out when I can. I'm sick as a dog today, and still worked out this morning.
    I love that there are no controllers...it just reads your body movements. Is it 100% accurate...no, but again, if you don't care too much about points and just want to move, it is awesome!
  • MissTomGettingThin
    MissTomGettingThin Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    I've just ordered the Wii version.
    Can't wait :O)
  • catriana33
    Options
    I have zumba for the wii, but not kinect. I like zumba and it gives me a variety of different types of excerises. According to internet you can burn 500 to 1000 cals depending on body size for 1/2 hour to an hour. Do some research on the web and see some of the videos. Remember that they use pros to do the steps so it is difficult to learn.....It will shake up your routine though
  • mblanch
    mblanch Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    does the wii zumba tells you how many calories your workout burns?

My other wii game does and its really really handy :)