Hello All! Help keep me on track!

Options
Hi guys and gals, I'm new to MFP and I'm actually pretty excited to have joined. This really was not my idea, my Hubbs put me up to it, he has always been really encouraging and never mean about my weight, but I guess this means I really need to get it together!

I have spent some time reading recent posts and like that it is more of a community on here, and I have the potential to have all of you hold me accountable. I loved reading the success stories and getting inspiration from them, I also loved seeing the posts about getting discouraged, lord knows I've been there and it nice to know were not alone.

I have been on several diets and tried different thing to lose weight, I really want to do this naturally and not use weight loss supplements, my problem is I always sabotage myself. Whenever I start doing really well I'm like I deserve a little treat, then that little treat turns into a week long vacation from healthy eating, and the next thing you know I'm right back to where I started. So I've made up my mind... for now on my little treats are going to involve shoes, or cheap jewelry, probably not a good idea to do clothes since I hope they won't fit the next week.

So if yall out there in fitness land can help me keep it together I would really appreciate it.

Replies

• Crystel22
    Crystel22 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    I know exactly what you mean. I have a serious sweet tooth and having a little treat sends me into a whirlwind. I wish it wasn't so bad. I try to just stay away from it for now and then when I have control over my eating, I will then try to incorporate a little treat here and then. I have never really tried diets before, but this really isn't a diet it is a way of life now.

Good luck on your journey and I will be here if you need someone.
  • inshapeCK
    inshapeCK Posts: 3,946 Member
    Options
    I am looking for someone to be accountability partners/support buddies with so if you're interested add me as a friend. Having an accountability partner has helped me lose weight twice in the past but my accountability partners always fall off the face of the earth and then I end up gaining it back. I need somone who will give me a kick in the butt when I fall off the wagon as well as encourage me when I am doing well. Let me know if you want to help each other out.
  • suszieq55
    suszieq55 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I'm also a sweets junkie and can relate. This site is really great and I have found it really helpful. Feel free to add me as a friend. I'm in this for the long haul this time.
  • westwick1
    westwick1 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Hi there
    I can totally relate to sabotaging yourself when things are going well. I have figured out my comfort zone is being fat. Not yet figured out why but I do know when I am making progress and things are going well I usually do something to set myself back. I am just starting out as well so if you need a friend (or if anyone else out there needs one!) then add me :)