work as exercise?

Options
I am in college and only work the weekends as a cashier at a grocery store. I realize this isn't strenuous exercise, but I am tired at the end of the day. I'm on my feet for 8 hours a day, either checking out groceries, stocking shelves, etc.... How should I log this, or should I log it at all?

Replies

• xHelloQuincyx
    xHelloQuincyx Posts: 884 Member
    Options
    i work almost every day and track it under serving food. i looked up the calories burned online for my weight.
    i work at Dairy Queen in the kitchen. im always bending over picking up heavy boxes stocking washing windows mopping sweeping cleaning on my feet the whole time.

but i also dont eat back all of the 900 some calories it says i burn lol
  • BACKDROPsilhouette
    Options
    I don't think you track working, working you put under lifestyle (where you choose if you have a sedentary lifestyle, etc.). Then your calories and such should be calculated to match your working, and exercise is counted separately.
  • Tiffany1111
    Tiffany1111 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Yes that is definitely a form of physical activity and I would log it if I had a job right now. However I'm in school for the time being. Low intensity exercise over long periods of time is a great way to burn fat! Good work!
  • mrb_9110
    mrb_9110 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I would just up my "lifestyle" to moderately active, but during the week, I go to school and I'm pretty sedentary most of the time. I don't want to change it from sedentary because I work so sporadically and I don't want to give myself too many extra calories during the week.