asparagus and pasta recipe?

Options
I have fresh asparagus and some whole wheat pasta ... any suggestions for a good dinner dish?

Replies

• scheys76
    scheys76 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Go to allrecipes.com
    At the top, click on ingredients. Then enter in what you want to use, and they will give you some ideas.
  • teachparents
    teachparents Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    no recipe but i would consider a stir fry of sundried tomatoes and olive oil with the chopped up asparagus and pasta.... you could throw in some pork or some chicken if you are looking for a meat dish.....
  • kanakike8
    kanakike8 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    cut up the asparagus into bite-sized pieces then roast with a little EVOO, lemon juice and some seasonings. Toss cooked pasta with a tiny bit of EVOO and same seasonings as asparagus (or a little low-fat ricotta cheese if you have it. mix it with hot pasta and a touch of pasta cooking water til it gets creamy) then add asparagus to pasta. :happy:
  • thefreemans28
    thefreemans28 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    I like to cook the asparagus with some garlic and herb seasoning and then squeeze lemon on them when they come out. Then cut them up into bite sized pieces and put them in the cooked pasta with some diced tomatoes, a little tomato sauce, and some parmesean cheese! You can also use some low/non-fat cottage cheese or ricotta cheese to add some creaminess!
  • shanolap
    shanolap Posts: 1,204 Member
    Options
    Steam the asparagus in a pan with a bit of water until almost done. Cook the pasta as directed and drain. Cut the asparagus into bite-size pieces and toss with the pasta. You can add some olive oil, parmessan cheese, herbs, etc. Tomatoes and garlic would be delish too!
  • carmenberard
    Options
    I was thinking a stir fry as well :)

BTW-Great photo teachparents (reminds me of my bulldog)
  • teachparents
    teachparents Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    thanks carmenberard! we love them ! fawn color is the mother of black believe it or not! he is twice her size...

my sister has a bulldog.. we love him too.. "Oscar"
  • xxtc79xx
    Options
    thanks everyone :)