Best way to get your tummy fit?

Options
I've been doing sit-ups with weights and crunches, but I wanted to know if anyone has any good tips on getting your tummy at it's strongest! :)

Replies

• OLP76
    OLP76 Posts: 768 Member
    Options
    You need to workout your whole core to get a tight tummy. You need to have a good clean eatin' plan as well
  • cocodp
    cocodp Posts: 164
    Options
    try doing the plank pose and variations of it. i found those make me feel stronger.
  • loveshannonmarie
    loveshannonmarie Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    medicine ball workouts are legit
  • heatherfrancis
    Options
    I swear by standing crunches, standing side crunches, and knee ups. It works your whole midsection. ALso you must do planks on the floor.
  • ladyhawk00
    ladyhawk00 Posts: 2,457 Member
    Options
    Core work. Do a search on Planks - great core work.
  • nicolemorrow
    Options
    my plan is start walking more and zumba. I previously had noticed when i was walking around 4 to 5 miles a day and even for fun that was when ,my c-section belly dissipated. My muscles were the strongest and I had no back pain. I am getting back on that boat after 2 more c-sections back to back, 9 months apart so if you find an extra bit of help and a working method please share it with me. I would be very grateful!
  • DimenaZhena
    Options
    Thanks everyone!!! I researched all of your tips and have a plan for myself. You guys rock! :)
  • DimenaZhena
    Options
    Nicole,

I definitely will! :)
  • Ally_Clare
    Ally_Clare Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    Go for a run, it makes your whole body tone up
  • Lula16
    Lula16 Posts: 628 Member
    Options
    i jogged for 30 mts yesterday using my 3 lb weights and let me tell you, i feel all my midsection sore today!! this was my first time jogging using weights. But i will tell you, i will definitely add this to my workouts at least 3X a wk! good luck!!
  • DimenaZhena
    Options
    I need to get back into running because that totally leaned out my legs, too!
  • mountainwoman98
    mountainwoman98 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    I do planks with a twist, half planks with my excercise ball, leg lifts while laying on my back (lay on your back with your legs pointed up and back pushed to the floor,arms by your side..lower right leg to about 4 inches from the floor while breathing out,lift leg while lowering left leg,that is one rep...I do these excercise every other day 10-12 reps,3 sets. Let me tell you you will see a difference in about 2 weeks. It was almost like lacing up a corset. I lost 3 inches from my waist in 3 weeks.
    If you do elliptical, you can go without using your hands, like running and that will work your core good too.
  • DimenaZhena
    Options
    I'm definitely putting that on my plan!! Thanks Mountainwoman!! :D
  • brityn
    brityn Posts: 443 Member
    Options
    I've found that the only way to really trim up My tummy is to eat lean and clean. Toning is different then losing fat. If it's already lean and you just want to tighten it up then ab exercises are the way to go. But doing crunches and things without any fat loss is just going to make your tummy stick out more. Get your diet in check and it'll whittle away the last bit of fat
  • cocoapinay48
    Options
    Pilates!
  • hotmooglelove
    Options
    But doing crunches and things without any fat loss is just going to make your tummy stick out more.

This! Where you loose and put on weight depends entirely on hormones and genes! Situps will build muscle under the fat, but it won't get rid of it =)

I suggest lots of cardio with a little strength training for good health
  • DimenaZhena
    Options
    Thanks brityn!! :D
  • HLRoberts1987
    HLRoberts1987 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    You can find it on youtube or somewhere else just google it. I HIGHLY recommend the P90X Ab ripper. It works but its hard as hell at the beginning.