What am i doing wrong?

Options
At the moment im @ 168kilos and im taking in 1500 calories per day which is quite low for a man. The scales aint moving so i must be doin something wrong. Im disabled so im limited to the exercise i can do.

Anyone got any suggestions????

Replies

• NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    Maybe you should increase your calories a little.
  • Koekei
    Options
    It can be slow going at the begining of any diet or exercise. Usually the first thing you notice is a decrease in stomach inches, and then later if you continue you start to notice the weight drop.

Also make sure you get 8 glasses of water per day, 5lbs can easily be water weight where your body is storing the water because it doesn't think you will replenish what it needs.

Stay on it and don't get discouraged! =D
  • ladysvs
    Options
    Watch the kind of calories you are eating! Eat more vegetables because they are lower calories and you can eat way more of them to fill you up and it doesn't effect your body the same way as a starch will!
  • Charli666
    Options
    make sure your fat content is reasonably low too
  • freerange
    freerange Posts: 1,722 Member
    Options
    Check this out, It may be you're eating the wrong kind of calories. Someone in your position (not able to exercise) needs to do what they can to make sure your diet is causing you to burn fat.

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/
  • Belle_Fille
    Options
    up your calories a little and watch your sodium levels
  • jennyleah123
    Options
    If you are only counting calories, you should look at the other contents of the food as well. Some things may be low in calories but high in sugar and even fat. I've heard that sugar is the leading cause for belly fat. I don't kno though. That's what I do. I've lost 15 pounds in 7 weeks just by watching my calories, fat and sugar.