When will other ppl notice?

Options
ok my start weight is 308.4, today I'm at 295.8...

13 lbs. I know I'm not setting any records but I notice my cloths fit a tad better and when I look down it's all boob now... not a tiny big of gut sticking past the boobs... If you started heavy like me, how many lbs did you loose before people started to notice?

Replies

• 3LittleMonkeys
    3LittleMonkeys Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    I think I was down about 55 pounds before anyone said anything.
  • danielleshill
    danielleshill Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    At least 30 lbs! Keep up the good work!
  • cahira
    cahira Posts: 163
    Options
    It depends on how often they see you. If they see you all the time it will take a while. But some folks who haven't seen me since I started this have noticed the 15 lbs. I lost. But I think the reason they notice is where I've lost it. I lose from my face and boobs first, so folks see it in my face. If you've lost gut, it might harder for folks to notice right away unless they are looking right there - you know?
  • rlysrh
    rlysrh Posts: 244
    Options
    If you've lost almost a stone already I'm sure they'll start to notice soon. (: I can't wait for the day that the people I haven't told about MFP ask if I've lost weight. I'll be all like "Oh really? Have I? Thanks" all nonchalant, but inside I'll be like "YAY"
  • wolfchild59
    wolfchild59 Posts: 2,608 Member
    Options
    A few people started noticing when my face got a bit thinner. But most people didn't really notice (or at least didn't say anything) until I'd bought some new clothes that fit me better. When I actually had the right size pants on, instead of just belting up my old ones, then it was more noticeable that I'd lost the weight.
  • wolfchild59
    wolfchild59 Posts: 2,608 Member
    Options
    If you've lost almost a stone already I'm sure they'll start to notice soon. (: I can't wait for the day that the people I haven't told about MFP ask if I've lost weight. I'll be all like "Oh really? Have I? Thanks" all nonchalant, but inside I'll be like "YAY"

A friend of mine that also lost a large amount of weight talked about this exact thing one time. How people that lose weight are sorta like holders getting a hole in one. You know they're ridiculously stoked and prolly jumping up and down, cheering inside when it happens, but they normally just give a little wave or a tip of their hat or something.

And it's the same when people talk about how great we look from the weight loss. On the outside we just smile politely, nod and thank them. Maybe say it's been a lot of hard work or some other pleasantries. But inside we're totally exhilarated and mentally turned cartwheels cheering out about how awesome we are for doing such a great job. lol
  • CanToGirl
    CanToGirl Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    I have lost 23 lbs and no one had said anything to me, which is fine because I can see it and feel it. I noticed that my face is slimmer and my clothes has some give to them. I too am a bigger girl, so I'm thinking it'll just take longer for people to notice. Keep up the good work and then the people will start talking. :love:
  • blue_drgn
    blue_drgn Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys At least I have a goal now... I'm so afraid I'll get discuraged ir no one notices...
    I'll keep plugging away!
  • Yarnpiggie
    Options
    People i worked with noticed it right away. Way before I did. I actually had to take pictures of my face and put them next to other pictures to see what they were seeing. My mother, being the person she is, still doesn't see it 60 pounds later. She isn't mean, i swear, that's just the way she is. Everybody else noticed it after about 10-20 pounds. One of the girls I work with said it was something like a weekend transformation for me. One week my face was fat (she didn't say that... i just did...lol) and the next it was much thinner. Again... i didn't see it until I took the pics and put them side by side. People who see the old pics of myself now are SHOCKED by the difference. :)

Now I can see glimpses of my collar bone when i look in the mirror. They are fleeting and it goes back in to hiding quickly... but it is there and it makes me smile when it plays peek-a-boo with me. ;-)