whats the nicest thing anyone has ever done for you?

Options
Anidorie
Anidorie Posts: 291 Member
okay so what is the nicest thing anyone has ever done for you? for me it has got to be the time someone died for me. They knew they were going to die. I didnt know till after they died. What is the nicest thing anyone has ever done for you?

Replies

• Phoenyxtears
    Options
    Nothing.
  • Anidorie
    Anidorie Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    i dont think that many people can top mine. i felt really really really guilty about taht one for years. The things next to that as when my best friend took me shopping and she had to be somewhere right then and the cashier mest up big time and i told her just to go but she stayed with me and it turned out the women had scanned everything twice. my friendf was an hour and a half late for her appointment that ment the world to her but i ment more
  • tamanella
    tamanella Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    The nicest thing that a friend did for me was during a time where I was seriously ill and she came over to my house and took care of me and my children. She went to the store and bought all this food and made me eat and drink what I was supposed to. I was so weak I couldn't even hold my head up. She really stepped up and unselfishly gave me the gift of herself. I will never forget it!!
  • CalorieNinja
    CalorieNinja Posts: 645 Member
    Options
    The nicest thing anybody did for me was when I had my daughter (my first child) my mother-in-law set up for someone to bring us meals three times a day for the first two weeks so we didn't have to worry about cooking and could sleep when the baby slept. It was so nice and helpful - I will never forget it. I love my MIL!
  • LeeKetty1176
    LeeKetty1176 Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    my wife said "i do"
  • jon_dub
    jon_dub Posts: 166
    Options
    the nicest thing anyone has done for me. They gave me to beautiful and healthy children.
  • CalorieNinja
    CalorieNinja Posts: 645 Member
    Options
    the nicest thing anyone has done for me. They gave me to beautiful and healthy children.

Ohh thats a good one too!
  • littlelionesslove
    Options
    My long distance friend saved my life with a phone call when I overdosed. He called someone else after trying to talk to me and got them to take me to the hospital. We're married now!
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    Jesus gave His life for me.

One time an apartment I had moved out of and owed money two had agreed to let me make payments but without any notice at all went to court and had the full amount taken out of my checking account. I didn't know anything about it until the day after I had deposited my paycheck. I had went to the store and tried to use my debit card and found out my account had been frozen. This was on a Saturday and I didn't receive notice about the court action until the following Monday. I had written several checks to pay all my bills the previous day and all I could think about was all those checks bouncing sky high and never being able to recover from all the fees and possible legal action. I was in a panic and on Monday I explained to my boss what had happened. He gave me $500 as a "bonus" so I could cover the checks I had written. Saved my butt BIG time!!
  • RoadDog
    RoadDog Posts: 2,946 Member
    Options
    Hard to pick one, but the most memorable is:

When I was in the Marine Corps stationed in 29 Palms, I was in my first year and only 19. It was Thanksgiving. I couldn't go home cuz home was about 450 miles away. I didn't know anyone. I was at a local shopping center in Palm Springs the Wednesday before Thanksgiving. I was sitting on a bench and a little girl walked out of a store. About 5. Walked up to me and started talking to me. We chatted for 15 minutes while her mom shopped (It was a different time then). Her Mom walked out and walked over to us. Talked to me and when whe realized I had no place to go for Thanksgiving, she invited me to spend it with her family.

That was 1973. That little girl is about 43 now. Can't remember her name. It made an impression on me. I think of that day almost every Thansgiving. My own Thanksgiving Table, more often than not ,has a few displaced people joining us because of that.
  • laurakrowe
    Options
    my sister and brother in law gave my DH and i our honeymoon as a wedding gift. we wouldn't have been able to pay for one ourselves --- so they took care of it for us.
    The catch? My sister wanted to plan it as a surprise! we didn't know where we were going! she told us what kind of clothing to pack and that's it. tickets were sealed - we had a few connection flights but we didn't know about the next one until we got to the first. We finally arrived - in San Francisco! we had a beautiful hotel room right in Fisherman's Wharf. it was the BEST week of my life!!!
  • porcelain_doll
    porcelain_doll Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    Hard to pick one, but the most memorable is:

When I was in the Marine Corps stationed in 29 Palms, I was in my first year and only 19. It was Thanksgiving. I couldn't go home cuz home was about 450 miles away. I didn't know anyone. I was at a local shopping center in Palm Springs the Wednesday before Thanksgiving. I was sitting on a bench and a little girl walked out of a store. About 5. Walked up to me and started talking to me. We chatted for 15 minutes while her mom shopped (It was a different time then). Her Mom walked out and walked over to us. Talked to me and when whe realized I had no place to go for Thanksgiving, she invited me to spend it with her family.

That was 1973. That little girl is about 43 now. Can't remember her name. It made an impression on me. I think of that day almost every Thansgiving. My own Thanksgiving Table, more often than not ,has a few displaced people joining us because of that.
    I love hearing about acts of goodness that have a ripple effect for years to come.
  • DawnBelle
    Options
    Jesus gave His life for me.
  • simplyxaddicted
    simplyxaddicted Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    My fiancee , cooks me all three meals ..everyday... :)
  • DawnBelle
    Options
    *love* That is exacty what I was going to say :)
  • memaw66
    memaw66 Posts: 2,558 Member
    Options
    The obvious one is Jesus!!!!!!

When my kids were little (6 & 3 years old). I was turned in for child abuse (false accusation). Anyway, my friend went to the school my son was at, picked him up and would not release him to the police alone. She rode in the police car with him and stayed at the station until it was all sorted out. That meant the world to me!!!! To know she cared enough about me and my kids that she would put herself in danger of being arrested for my son!!!!
  • Mrs_McFadden
    Options
    The last time someone was a meatshield for me during crossfire in urban warfare.