Lack of Motivation

Options
Hi Everyone. I'm new here. I've had a lot of stress in my life. Teenagers! Anyway, between that, personal medical issues & job stress. I've turned to food for relief. I used to be in good shape. Went to the gym regularly and ate healthy. Can't believe I've gotten myself here. Weigh more than I ever have and can't get motivated. My brother has encouraged me to join this site. He's doing great. I'm hoping it helps.

Replies

• Briacha
    Briacha Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Hi! Welcome. :smooched: You will find much support and guidance here. It's a very positive place. Add me, we can help each other stay on track!
  • lruff1987
    lruff1987 Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Getting started is the HARDEST part! But you can do it! Don't think about it... just do it. And before you know it... days, then weeks, then months will be behind you and you will be on your way to success and you'll be reaching your goals. Everyone on this site knows you can do it and we all believe in you! :)
  • Ctyndall81
    Options
    It took me time to get dedicated to this site but im sure glad i did. Ive lost 10 pounds in one month! You can do this! Good luck!
  • NicholasMongold
    Options
    http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/home.php?sk=group_174769109231499&ap=1
    I have a place here you and everyone can go for more support and motivation
  • mjf0461
    mjf0461 Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    Hey There:
    This is a great place to be with lots of support and idea's on how to stay motivated, cook and more. Good luck with the life change ahead of you. Just take one day at a time..You can do it...
  • ReginaM49
    ReginaM49 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Wow! You guys are great. Thank you for such a warm welcome. I'm going to get dressed and head to the gym. First time in many months! Not thinking about it. Just going. Thank you again and I'll talk with you soon.
  • squitzwife
    squitzwife Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me as a friend. I also love food and use it to comfort myself. I've never been so active in my life since I learned I can have more calories if I work out! I usually burn about 2000 a week because I love to eat. You can do it.
  • Mamaheatherhg
    Options
    I'm addicted to this site constantly on it! In one month and first month and first time in my life i have lost 15lbs.
  • jltodd99
    Options
    Good for you!
    I miss going to the gym on weekends - guess I'll have to figure out some other activity if I can't make it to the gym.
  • april27332
    april27332 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    hey girlie, seems like we have a lot in common. i am a mother of a 10 yr old. i take take of my 81 yrold dad. ad my 80 yr old aunt. plus i also have healthy problems with my weight. i am really tired ofbeing this way.
  • nph1960
    nph1960 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Hi Regina.
    I had the same situation with lack of motivation, but this site has proven to be the perfect tool. Threee things - the no-hassle ability to log all your food and exercise, the instant networking to people in the same boat as you, and (my favorite) the way you can use exercise to earn yourself more food -- all conspire to make you stick to your commitment. Feel free to add me as a friend. Good luck!
  • MikeK51
    MikeK51 Posts: 317
    Options
    Hi Everyone. I'm new here. I've had a lot of stress in my life. Teenagers! Anyway, between that, personal medical issues & job stress. I've turned to food for relief. I used to be in good shape. Went to the gym regularly and ate healthy. Can't believe I've gotten myself here. Weigh more than I ever have and can't get motivated. My brother has encouraged me to join this site. He's doing great. I'm hoping it helps.

Hi Regina. Glad to see you take the first step!
  • jesspilks
    Options
    Hi
    Have never joined a fitness/weight club before and have never blogged - so two new things in one night! I too have reached a weight high and want to get back on track. The chocolate adverts between the film I am watching on sky are not really helping! Perhaps you can add me too and we can support each other. My night time glass of wine is the hardest to give up - and keying in foods online today (for the first time) has opened my eyes to the fact that I was eating more than I realised.
  • bettyboop573
    bettyboop573 Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    Hi!! I think you'll find this site to be a huge help :) Lots of friendly people and information sharing
  • ChantalD75
    ChantalD75 Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    That was my big thing... just don't think just do.... takes 2 weeks to break a bad habit. I am surprised by how strong i have been and how dedicated to working out I have been to. You can do it!!!
  • sarahschwemler
    sarahschwemler Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hey!!!
    This is a great tool and can really help you be focused and accountable to yourself.
    You can and will accomplish anything you set your mind too!!
  • MikeK51
    Options
    I'm going to get dressed and head to the gym. First time in many months! Not thinking about it. Just going.

Regina, how did your workout at the gym go for you?
  • MikeK51
    Options
    Regina,
    I was glad to see you on MFP today and that you are feeling more motivated! It was great to hear that your hitting the gym several times a week and want to start tracking your diary. I hope you do. It'll be hard at first, but just push yourself to do it every day and it'll become a good habit! You DESERVE it!!!!!!

Love you sister!
    Mike