My food choices have officially shifted!

Options
dshalbert
dshalbert Posts: 677 Member
I've been on MFP for about 5 months (lost about 14) and have been consciously exercising and watching what I eat for about 9 months (lost about 30 lbs total since last April). After a very long and grueling week in which I exercised and diligently and stayed very close to my daily caloric allotment, I woke up on Sunday absolutely ravenous. I was feeling really sluggish and tired as well. My usual portion sizes all went out of the window and I laid around and ate all day and was a complete couch potato. I did however; record everything that I put in mouth.

After looking at the fact that I had gone over my goal by about 400 calories, I could not help but notice that there was absolutely no junk food consumed. All veggies, nuts, whole grains, fruits and my protein was two egg whites and turkey meatballs! I was grazing all day and was craving only good stuff, no cake, cookies, ice cream or fried food . . . which was great since now none of that stuff is even in my house anymore.

This morning when I got up I felt fully refreshed and revived and received two compliments at work about how great I looked at how much weight I've lost! My jeans did seem a bit looser. That has never happened to me after a weekend binge (if you can even call it that). While I have not lost any lbs in the last 2 weeks, I now can see that I've made some significant changes in my overall health, lifestyle and well being and for that I am grateful. Can't wait for my evening workout!

Replies

• mrskaya
    mrskaya Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Way to go! :0)
  • neurocky
    Options
    Thats great! Keep up the good work!
  • 3kidsin3years
    3kidsin3years Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Way to go, that sounds like an awesome weekend and a terrific Monday morning!!! Sounds like you are *well* on your way to a complete lifestyle change, keep up the great work!!! =)
  • tawny7
    tawny7 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!!!! Keep up the great work!! :flowerforyou:
  • kdavis74
    kdavis74 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    That is a great post! I felt the same and noticed a change after only two weeks on the plan, my hunger levels changed and my thought process was different. It is great to know that using this system as a type of diary for what we eat and being held accountable for what goes in our mouth is working! Thank you so much for sharing!
  • Ely82010
    Ely82010 Posts: 1,998 Member
    Options
    Wonderful, great, inspiring, and well done!!!! Your body probably needed a little bit more fuel after controlling your portions for a long time and probably exercising a lot too.

You gave your body what it needed, good nutrients and no junk, and a nice day of rest; and your body in turn gave you a big Thank you by making you feel satisfied, wholesome, refresh, and beautiful.

You did not binge, you had a treat day!
  • Amarylis13
    Amarylis13 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    That is great! Thanks so much for sharing that with us. It is an inspiration to us all. I would love to be able to say the same thing - I still crave sugar and fat. But hopefully, staying vigilant, and knowing it is possible, I will be in that great place!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!