newb

Options
so i stumbled onto this website about 3 days ago. About 2 months ago i went to the doctor and he told me i had high blood pressure. So i quit smoking, i quit drinking, and i quit caffeine. Now i need to lose some weight. I'm 197 and would like to get back to about 165-170. i'm lovin the iphone app so far, and i'm finding it really helps me not cheat because of the need to log everything. anyway hello everyone

Replies

• lildazey
    lildazey Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Good for you!! You have made some awesome changes! Good luck on your weight loss journey.
  • nichola_watters
    Options
    I love the app too. I am losing weight to be more comfortable in myself. We booked our first proper holiday and I want to feel good for it. I started off 226lb, got down to 210lbs, then hit a wall. I jumped back on the wagon on 2nd Jan and I have lost 16lbs since then, but 26lbs since my heaviest. I am so motivated this time and it really helps when people look at you and notice you are slimming. I see my mother once every couple of weeks and she comments on the weight I have lost which helps more than people think!
  • ColorfulSouls
    Options
    Wait, how did you quit coffee? Did you just go cold turkey? Admirable.
  • ascrof
    ascrof Posts: 34
    Options
    yup cold turkey...coffee, iced tea, soda......i had the worst headache ever for like 5 days
  • ColorfulSouls
    Options
    I just did it too. I see what you mean (the head aches) but they lasted for 2 days ;D