Hello

Options
Hello everyone, here is my story!

I am currently 296 lbs and 6' tall. I reached my heaviest at 307lbs 2 months ago. I decided it was time to change. I started eating healthier without focusing on calories eliminating sodas and all processed sugars. I did that for a month and lost 9 lbs. My next goal was to start going to the gym with the goal to just get there. I have been doing that for a couple of weeks I do elliptical and swimming. I did my own fitness test. I weighed in with 298lbs and 49% body fat using a BMI scale 2 weeks ago. I ran a mile in 12:21 and swam a 1/2 mile in 30 minutes. I decided to start counting my calories because I am not happy with the progress since I started going to the gym. I decided that I should take it to the next level. I am going to get a full physical tomorrow morning to review this plan with a doctor and make it official.

I have started many programs and lost a lot of weight over the years but I always gain it back. Each time I do this it is harder and I end up being in worst medical shape than when I started. I am going to try and do this one a little different. My biggest change this time around is that I plan to be prepared and use a support system. I have always been successful losing weight but my problem is once I get success I relax and I don't have support to get me back on track once I lose focus.

My goal is to have 15% body fat and to eliminate blood pressure medicine.

I fear that if I don't do this now, I am not going to be around this world much longer. Anyway, thanks to anyone that took the time out of their day to read my story. I plan on posting as often as I can and give back one day when I am successful.

Replies

• EDBENAGLIO
    Options
    OTHER THAN BEING 31 MY WEIGHT STARTED AT 309 I AM NOW DOWN TO 280 IN 35 DAYS +/-. NEED ANY ADVICE LET ME KNOW IF YOU ARE ON FACEBOOK WE COULD TALK THERE.
  • nichola_watters
    Options
    226lbs at my heaviest, started dieting, lost 14lbs or so, hit a wall, put some back on, got back on the wagin and lost 16lbs since 2nd Jan 2011, making that 26lbs all in since my heaviest.
  • forty3fab
    forty3fab Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I wish you all the best of luck! We can all do this. We just have to have the right mind set and determination, and it sounds as if you are well on your way to be successful. I just started my journey at the beginning of the year and have lost 7 pounds so far. I wish it was more, but as long as it continues to come off even if slowly, I will be happy with that. Best wishes!!
  • EDBENAGLIO
    Options
    HOW MANY OF YOU ARE USING A HEART RATE MON.
  • anja3582
    Options
    Hi all. Starting at about 170 lbs., looking to land between 130-140 lbs. Exercise daily but the weight doesn't seem to want to move, so I've started using the food diary. Hope this works, and good luck to all!
  • forty3fab
    forty3fab Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I am thinking of purchasing one to get more accurate readings. I don't know if I believe the treadmill and elliptical readings. Do you have one?
  • FILLE
    FILLE Posts: 45
    Options
    Welcome ParkBear
    I have been on and off this site since 2009. This time I have started adding friends and it is keeping me motivated to login everyday, I also post everything I as it makes me accountable to what I want to eat vs the heatly choices I am making most of the time. Good Luck on this journey, Please feel free to add me as a friend.