P90X (February 21 start!)

Options
I'm starting P90X today and I'm pretty nervous. I'm going to do it with my husband, but he's already pretty fit so I thought I'd look here for any body else who has either recently started it or will be starting it soon. Just thought we could give each other a little encouragement :smile:

Replies

• grouch201
    grouch201 Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    I just started the second month of Insanity this morning with my fit test. It got me all queasy so I'm taking a break before i hit the Max Interval Circuit. Good luck to ya! The first week is always the hardest, but just push through and you'll see some awesome results. I love Beachbody products!
  • LeenLeGrys
    Options
    You will love it. Just have the remote handy especially during the Ab Ripper routine which progresses rapidly between sets with little to no break :) Pause as you need to and if you stick with it, you will see amazing results :)
  • ryanschug
    Options
    I'm starting week 7 of P90X. Only lost 8 pounds so far, but noticable difference in waist line and muscle toning. Was told not to get discouraged, because once I start building more muscle, the weight will come off. Have also been limiting calorie intake to 1840 a day. Good Luck!!!!
  • CNParker
    CNParker Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    There is nothing to be nervious about. Just take it one day at a time. You will def be sore but it good to push yourself. You will be so proud when you complete each session!
  • dakoerber
    dakoerber Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    I have done P90X and there are lots of modifications. I wanted to do it for 6 months and actually had the program but was so afraid I waited. I was waiting on Chalene Extreme to come out at the time but they kept backing it up so I just said what the heck and.....

I loved it!!!! It is hard but I will tell you that after awhile you will get stronger and that is what makes it fun. Just pushing your self to do more and when you do the accomplishment you feel!

You can do it!!!
  • Wendi_S
    Wendi_S Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    I started on Valentines day- I am calling it my P90X experience- take II, since I made it 8 weeks in last summer before I was forced to push it aside due to personal issues.....

Good luck and feel free to friend me- be forewarned though- I rant a lot LOL
  • Recykomyko
    Options
    keep up the good work! Keep pressing play!

I started January 2nd, and have lost 22 lbs since- I've been keeping a ~1500-1700 calorie diet.
  • cocodp
    cocodp Posts: 164
    Options
    Hey! I just started this today with my husband. We both decided to do the LEAN program to build up our cardio first since we're both out of shape. I got a heart rate monitor so I could keep on track and check my calorie burn.

We lasted 40 minutes but are determined to keep going.

Feel free to friend me if you need a workout buddy!
  • SouthernAsian
    SouthernAsian Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the words of encouragement everyone! I'm looking forward to starting tonight. I've never been able to do a pull up, and I'm not good at even the girly push-ups, so we'll see how far I get and if I'm able to even move my arms tomorrow!