When will I notice any weight loss

Options
Started this diet two weeks ago...along with a friend, she has lost almost 10 pounds, while I have lost nothing. I even worked out more than she did. The only thing I can think of that I did different was that I didn't drink the recommended daily water and I sweetened my tea with sweet n low (which she thinks is my problem)..thought about quitting and going to a low-carb diet, but the prospects of no bread and pasta for weeks sounds quite depressing. I am quite discouraged...when will I notice a change!

Replies

• marialy21
    marialy21 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Don't give up! Everyone is different! Ensure you are tracking absolutely everything you are eating, all the little things do add up.
    And cut yourself some slack. This is also a lifestyle change and the journey is full of ups and downs.
    You may be building muscle so it's not registering on the scale. But please please please don't give up!! You CAN do this!!!
  • loveshannonmarie
    loveshannonmarie Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    You know what don't get discouraged because for me it didnt come off until like 3 weeks then started coming off fast.. also drinking a ton of water is huge it is so important and will really make that difference
  • Lula16
    Lula16 Posts: 628 Member
    Options
    Hang in there. are you exercising?? And remember, this is not a diet. its a lifestyle change. I didnt see results for the first 2 or 3 wks when i started. but in the last 2 wks i have been exercising regularly and have lost 5 lbs in 2 wks!! Good luck!!
  • nichola_watters
    Options
    Dont give up, every one is different. Try not to compare yourselves, just stick to being good with eating and excercise and in no time you will really notice it. Only now after losing 26lbs am I finding that my clothes look and feel different on me and only within the last 2 weeks have people been commenting that I look different. Dieting is not easy, but try not to be disheartened.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,114 Member
    Options
    If you make your Food Diary public for your friends, we may be able to se where you are going wrong.

The Sweet n Low by itself didn't cause that. But it's nasty stuff.....I'm just saying.

You may need to eat a little more.....read the "sticky" posts in the General Weight Loss category ( they have this symbol sticky.png in front of them.)

Basically you may need to add calories to lose weight - depending on your goal and your food/exercise program. This is the good news!

• sgarland725
    Options
    Thank ya'll for the positive input...I'm going to keep going, just wish I would lose SOMETHING...I'm going to try not weighing myself for a while. Also...I've stayed under my 1200 calorie goal, but sometimes from carb intake is over my daily limit, or my protein intake falls short of my daily goal or vice versa...do I have to MATCH my daily goal exactly in those areas, as long as I'm under 1200 calories?