bad knees

Options
What workout is recommended if you have bad knees-esp what specific dvd'd?looking for something to help tone and possibly lose some lbs and inches

Replies

• teachmeyoga
    Options
    Yoga and Pilates dvds would probably work well. Also, swimming and walking would be low impact for the knees. And if you hit the gym, the elliptical machine is my favorite... I have sensitive knees as well.
  • amyrc12
    amyrc12 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure about DVDs... but the eliptical is a knee saver!
  • eates
    eates Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    I've got terrible knees so I alternate with a higher impact dvd and a low impact one. On days my knees hurt I usually do a Leslie Sansone Walk at Home DVD.
  • Steph_135
    Steph_135 Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    T-Tapp is a VERY low impact (no impact) DVD I have. I really like it, but I haven't stuck with it long enough to see many results (although I have felt "tighter" from doing it in the past. It's more of a strength training type of thing, but with no weights. http://www.t-tapp.com/ It's a bit of a money investment. You can see workout examples in the "Try Before You Buy" section. There are videos if you scroll down a little.

Pilates is always great!
  • allynfinito
    Options
    walking i think is the best.... i loose kg and my knees doesn't hurt... i do 5 kilometers a day