No magic pill

Options
Hi everyone,

I have been on MFP for about two months and eating healthy and exercising since June. I have lost 91 pounds so far and have lost 7 dress sizes. I feel and look like a new woman. I tend to lurk on the community sites because I get motivated more from reading other people's stories than telling my own. I just wanted to do a post to let people know that it is totally possible to lose weight and to go from being obese to just overweight. There was no magic to it, just logging everything I ate and exercising every day. The nice thing is, that when I get to my goal weight I don't have to worry about gaining weight once I get off the pill because right now I am eating the same way I plan to eat when I am at my goal weight - I will just add a few more calories to stabilize my weight. There are so many benefits to not being obese - I can run up the stairs to get something whenever I need it, I can play at the park with my kids and go down the slides with them, I can ride all of the rides with my kids at the amusement parks and I can now shop in any store I want. I wish this for all of you that have a long way to go. Surgery isn't the answer and neither is a pill... Just persisitance. You can do it!

Replies

• Russellb97
    Russellb97 Posts: 1,057 Member
    Options
    Awesome post!
  • liscar
    liscar Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    thanks for sharing :)
  • jclji4
    jclji4 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much for sharing this! It is very motivating to read about people who have done what I am now trying to do. I have about 120 to lose to be at my goal. I am down 16 lbs since Jan 10th. I already have more energy eating healthy and exercising. You give me just a little more hope. Thanks.
  • hhudson88
    hhudson88 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the modivation!!! Awesome job
  • mdamrow
    mdamrow Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Great story!!! Those are the success stories I love to read about because I get so motivated by them. I think to myself if others can do it then there is no reason I can't. Thanks for sharing