Couch to 5K - Leg Pain

Options
Just finished W6D1. My leg has really been hurting on the inside of my right leg just below my knee for about a week now. Any suggestions?

Replies

• deedleedee
    Options
    Try soaking in a HOT epsom salt bath for the next few nights - at least a 20 min soak! How are you liking the C25K? I'm beginning today :)
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you need a couple of days off from the program. Maybe do a good yoga DVD to stretch out your body real good.
  • bigmang
    Options
    I keep mentioning this to my partner trying to get her running with me, I'm not super fit but am up to a slow 4 miles so far....
    I have dodgy knees so good stretches when finished, ice on my knees when I get home.. most importantly good running shoes.
  • Mrs_McFadden
    Options
    I was doing C25k with joy about a week and a half ago. My knee has been killing me every since and I just saw the doc today. Torn ACL..yay! Need an MRI..I hope you just have a minor strain :)
  • rgunn02
    rgunn02 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Take it easy! I just went through the same thing. It's a muscle that attaches on the inside of the knee and runs up the thigh and attaches at the lateral aspect of the hip/thigh area. It might be from taking too long of a stride while running, or from your knee turning in on that side from weak supporting muscles in your hips and gluts. Take some time off running, and rest it for a week. If it's bugging you, ice it and use an anti inflamitory. Use heat on it as well (thigh and knee) and get a message on the fronts of your thighs to help loosen that muscle.
    Then ease back into running. If it starts to bother you again, rest a little longer.
    I hope you feel better soon!
    Bec:smile:
  • bebemc
    bebemc Posts: 38
    Options
    I am really liking C25K! Have a 5 K in two week to run and I'm sure walk some of it. I hope this doesn't last too long. I am going to take everyone's advice and take a few days off soak, ice, and hopefully get a massage :smile: