The best heart monitor

Options
I posted a question last week regarding calorie counters on treadmills and their accuracy. A number of people responded (thanks), but many said they used a heart monitor instead to get a better calorie count. Any suggestions on a good heart monitor? I have seen them on the web anywhere from $50 to $400 (that includes GPS).

Replies

• nivek
    nivek Posts: 16
    Options
    I posted a question last week regarding calorie counters on treadmills and their accuracy. A number of people responded (thanks), but many said they used a heart monitor instead to get a better calorie count. Any suggestions on a good heart monitor? I have seen them on the web anywhere from $50 to $400 (that includes GPS).
  • tamazinglee
    tamazinglee Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I beleive Polar makes the best one. But it might be a little more expensive.
  • lyla29
    lyla29 Posts: 3,549 Member
    Options
    I have a Polar F6 HRM. You can go to their website (I think it's polar.com) and compare all of their models. Mine cost about $110. It depends on what features you want on it.
  • douganl
    douganl Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    I have the Polar F6 also. It does everything it needs me to do and it is very user friendly!
  • iluvsparkles
    iluvsparkles Posts: 1,730 Member
    Options
    and I can attest to the polar being worth the money. I have a cheaper version, that works ok, but I wish i had invested in the Polar, and plan to replace my cheaper one once i have the money
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    ditto. Polar f6, by a landslide.:bigsmile: :bigsmile: :love: :love:

i too bought a cheap model and it didnt give the enough information.

I love that it gives me a read out for the week, saves it for 3 months and is easy to use and read

Good luck!!:flowerforyou:
  • Javancub
    Options
    I just bought a Polar F4. it was about $80.00. I love it. If you plan on going to the gym i wouldn't recommend the F4. I think theres one called the F6 which wont interfere with other devices.
  • arjames82
    Options
    I used the Polar F6. I got it from ****'s Sporting Good, but I used an ad from Wal-mart because it was on sale for $79. I thought it was better to get it from ****'s because they offer a one (or two) year extended waranty for an additional $19.
  • bobbie0529
    Options
    I also have the Polar F6. I got it from Lifetime fitness for $110.00 3 years ago. It has been a very good investment for me. I highly recommend it.
  • petunia
    petunia Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    I also have an F4.. got it off of Ebay for $65 including shipping... I love it!

The only drawback is if you workout at the gym it will sometimes get interference from others using a HRM.. so if you are at the gym a lot, I'd suggest the 'slightly' more expensive F6...

Good luck!
  • Sunibc22
    Options
    I think the overall consensus is Polar brand is the best. The F4 does a good job but if you want more options the F6 is great too. Basically don't cheap out cause you'll be finding yourself out buying the better one eventually any how.
  • BrandNewLaura
    BrandNewLaura Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    I have the Polar F11...it was a little over $150, but I got free shipping and had it the day after I ordered it from Polar's website...I love it and am so glad I invested in it...Polar is definitely worth the extra money...