Help!! I have lost 55 lbs. Now how do I get rid of the exces

Options
I recently lost 55 lbs with the help of MFP. I am thrilled and so happy about it. I am having a problem and I wonder if anyone out there can help me. I am 28lbs away from my goal weight. I am walking everyday and doing strength training 3 days a week. I have some extra pockets of skin and fat under my arms and at the tops of my thighs. Can anybody tell me if I can firm this up without surgery or am I gonna get to keep it as a Souvenir of my heavier days? Please help!!!:happy:

Replies

• MissAnjy
    MissAnjy Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    for the thigh areas try lunges & squats to tighten up. As for the arms, things like chest presses i assume would be beneficial.
  • WonderNoodle
    Options
    bump...i'd like to hear the responses. :flowerforyou:
  • Teresa652
    Teresa652 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    What kind of strength training do you do?
  • kalebsmama07
    Options
    bump
  • shreddingit
    shreddingit Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    I lost a lot of flab on my arms just using free weights 3lbs-5lbs, I dont even know where it went my arms are way smaller and tighter and I got a bicep bump:wink:
  • mamagooskie
    mamagooskie Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    I've heard it can take a year or more for your skin to catch up and depending on how much excess there is it may never all go away without surgery. I've been doing strength training trying to fill the skin with muscle and I am getting some definition and the skin is sloooooooowly shrinking as well but I think ultimately I will need some skin removal eventually.
  • robbiedheaton
    robbiedheaton Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I am doing every machine at my gym to work arms, chest legs abs and back. I am getting some definition in my arms. Bicep muscles I have never seen before but I still have my little "wings" as I call them. and the fat seems to have rolled uphill on my legs. upper thighs need major help. I really dont want surgery. i am willing to do whatever it takes to firm it up. I just wanted to know if anyone else has been there. Any light at the end of the tunnel? Thanks to all for replies.
  • wintervixen78
    wintervixen78 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    I did one diet where I lost weight too quickly, 8 stones (112lbs) in 8 months. I had to drink a lot of water and found that I didn't have tons of excess skin, I think thanks to the water. I didn't work out at all. I did have loose skin under my arms, but weights would had sorted that out!

Another friend of mine who dropped half het body weight the right way, managed to tighten everything up in the gym. She got a personal trainner to guide her into toning the areas she was unhappy with.