Salty/savoury snacks?

Options
Does anyone have any ideas for salty or savoury snacks? The usual favourites are all loaded with carbs...

I'm in the UK, by the way.

Thanks in advance!

Replies

• rosebarnalice
    rosebarnalice Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    popcorn!
    100-calorie pack microwavable bags are a standby for me!
  • omelas75
    omelas75 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I second the popcorn. You can eat quite a bit of it, too, for those munchie moments.
  • nichola_watters
    Options
    I like 89 calorie s+v snack a jacks, or 98 calorie baked walked s+v crisps.
  • cacfish
    Options
    Hi i've just been to asda - needed to stock up in salty savoury snacks ... i discovered - Mattesons Fridge Raiders in the cold meat ailse. They are savoury chicken tasty bites - and not to bad on calories - you could exercise and afford a 65g bag for 125 calories. I wouldnt normally buy this kinda thing but mmmmm need tasty savory nibblettes!!
  • bj9686
    bj9686 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I've found a beef jerky that is good and satisfies my hunger. Check it out on JackLinks.com - It's called Jack Link's Original Beef Steak and it's 70 calories for 1 oz. and is very flavorful.
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    Boiled egg, 25 almonds, rice cake smeared with humous or lo spready cheese, handful of olives, or pickled onions, celery stick with peanut butter, radishes.
  • ngr1973
    ngr1973 Posts: 334
    Options
    I agree with the popcorn bit... I do airpopped so don't need to add any oil and I use sea salt or some type of chili rub etc for different flavors. You can even do a sprinkle of black pepper and parmesan cheese (which is fairly low in calories and fat) for something decadent and salty!!!

Other favorites for me are nuts - a little keeps me going for a long time.

Baked Pita Crackers with a laughing cow triangle of spreadable cheese (35 cal)

Also, celery helps with salt cravings
  • freerange
    freerange Posts: 1,722 Member
    Options
    beef stick and cheese
  • Toadflax
    Options
    Thanks! Lots of good suggestions there. xx