It's time to do this... again!

Options
Hi everyone! My name is Joe and it's time for me to lose weight - again.

From winter 2004 through summer 2005, I lost 125 pounds and went from weighing 385 pounds down to 260 pounds. During the summer of 2005, I had my gall bladder taken out because (according to the doctor) I lost "too much weight in too short a time." It was a pretty big bummer.

And then the weight started slowly piling back on until I was tipping the scales at about 340 - 350. And then in August 2009, I was diagnosed with Type 2 Diabetes.

The Type 2 Diabetes was the final straw. I spent the last 18 months trying to figure out how to juggle a full-time job, two part-time jobs, owning a small business, a lengthy commute, and so much more - all while trying to lose weight. The good news is that my weight gain has stabilized and I've weighed around 355 pounds for the better part of the last 12 months.

The bad news is that after joining myFitnessPal a few weeks ago, I was shocked to learn how many calories I take in each day! As a guy who hasn't had fast food or soda in about ten years (I think they're both gross) and who eats primarily organic fruits and vegetables, I couldn't believe that I was actually taking in 4,000 - 6,000 calories a few days each week. Scary!

But now I've gotten my caloric intake down to about 2,000 calories each day and I've decided it's time to do this again - it's time to lose 125 pounds (or more) again!

Anyone else in a similar situation?

Replies

• dspearsb
    dspearsb Posts: 186
    Options
    You did it before, you can do it again! Good luck!
  • MrsRios
    Options
    First of all Welcome to My fitness Pal this is a great site and the people here are very supportive, I want to lose about 100 lbs. I already lost 45. I wish you the best of luck and I know you can do it because if you did it once you can do it again!!
  • navvs15
    navvs15 Posts: 165
    Options
    Welcome! And good luck! :happy:
  • yodacho
    yodacho Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I am with you on the, "but I eat organic, and lots of produce"! Eye opening, for certain.

I am going with the slow but steady path. I got too impatient the first time around, and wasn't committed to keeping it off.

Best of luck with you on the journey!
  • joe1897
    Options
    Thanks for all of the kind words, everyone. They are greatly appreciated!

I hear you about the slow and steady path, yodacho. I told myself that if I'm going to put all of the effort in to lose the weight, then this time I'm not going to gain it back again.

Good luck to everyone!