PLEASE HELP!

Options
Why do i always feel like pigging out around 5-6 pm? i always wanna pig out! how can i prevent this??! XoXo, Heidi Jo

Replies

• AKosky585
    AKosky585 Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    OMG, I am the same way! I can eat so healthy all day, and then one dinner time hits, and after, I want to munch the rest of the night...insane cravings hit, etc. *sigh*
  • BigBoneSista
    BigBoneSista Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    Well thats dinner time so eat dinner. Make sure you are getting a nice helping of protein along with your veggies. That will keep you full. Now if you are head hungry and not stomach hungry thats something you will have to learn how to control.
  • Pandorian
    Pandorian Posts: 2,055 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Is that a scheduled meal time you're body is used to?

Your food diary isn't open so can't see what you're having through a day, but to get and feel full for longer periods of time make sure you're getting whole-grains, fiber ... other filling mostly natural foods. Most processed foods are high in calories but low in food value.

And if you want to pig out just make sure you've got some healthy snacks around, some air-popped popcorn, handful of nuts, tsp of peanut butter, serving of yogurt.

Of course, a tall glass of water helps me with my initial cravings too.
  • heidijo22
    Options
    it is my dinner time yes, but i feel that i need to way over it! i just feel soooooo hungry around then. is it because i eat too little during the earlier day maybe?
  • heidijo22
    Options
    it is my dinner time usually i eat around then. its not open yet cuz i am new hear and trying to figure things out still! thanks for the advice! ill try the water :)
  • heidijo22
    Options
    me too girl! very insane cravings! i need to stop! it rlly sucks!
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options
    it is my dinner time yes, but i feel that i need to way over it! i just feel soooooo hungry around then. is it because i eat too little during the earlier day maybe?

It's best to eat throughout the day, so that you aren't starving by dinner time. Many people (and their 5 pound loss) swear by eating one meal a day, but your body HATES that.
  • Pandorian
    Pandorian Posts: 2,055 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Without seeing your journal we can't look at your earilier in the day stuff but can say that your calorie goal provided by the site is a goal. We should aim to be right near the calories given which are based on our chosen rate of loss, fitness level, etc.

If you're not eating breakfast, or only eating one meal a day yeah you'll end up famished and wanting any food type item that comes into sight.
  • lukimakamai
    lukimakamai Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    I generally eat a snack around 3:00 usually a fruit (apple or banana) that way I don't feel hungry
  • GiGi76
    GiGi76 Posts: 876 Member
    Options

It's best to eat throughout the day, so that you aren't starving by dinner time. Many people (and their 5 pound loss) swear by eating one meal a day, but your body HATES that.

Amen!!!
  • heidijo22
    Options
    Without seeing your journal we can't look at your earilier in the day stuff but can say that your calorie goal provided by the site is a goal. We should aim to be right near the calories given which are based on our chosen rate of loss, fitness level, etc.

If you're not eating breakfast, or only eating one meal a day yeah you'll end up famished and wanting any food type item that comes into sight.
    hmm i didnt know that lol let me get used to everything on here first and then ill open that up! haha thanks
  • heidijo22
    Options

i could not do just a meal a day!!! that would be crazy! ill take the advice to eat throughout the day! thanks!
  • momofconor
    Options
    That is when I crash some days, too and I just try to busy myself by cooking dinner or getting the kids homework finishedl

4745767.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • shreddin_mama
    shreddin_mama Posts: 1,076 Member
    Options
    i've been getting crazy around that time too! but i think it's boredom for me.
  • heidijo22
    Options
    That is when I crash some days, too and I just try to busy myself by cooking dinner or getting the kids homework finishedl

4745767.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
    good idea! ill find something to keep me busy around that time each day. thanks!
  • heniko
    heniko Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    I need help with this one too!
  • carollane
    carollane Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem!! Before starting to ge serious about loosing weight, i skipped breakfast, ate a lite lunch or skipped lunch then inhaleld dinner!! What has worked for me so far is to reward myself at the end of the day. If I have not skipped a meal, have exercised and I am under my calorie goal then I treat myself! I will have a weight wathcers dessert which is about 160-170 calories or a small block of dark chocolate with a tsp of peanut butter or sugar free jello with cool whip. O yeah and lots of water!! Hope this hellps!:flowerforyou:
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,239 Member
    Options
    Since it is you supper time, when you are eating supper eat slowly and drink lots of water. Doing that will let your body have time to signal it is full.

It might also help to have a short workout before supper 8-10 minutes will do. It can, for some reason I don't understand, help some people to think with their logical brain rather than their desire brain.
  • heidijo22
    Options
    Since it is you supper time, when you are eating supper eat slowly and drink lots of water. Doing that will let your body have time to signal it is full.

It might also help to have a short workout before supper 8-10 minutes will do. It can, for some reason I don't understand, help some people to think with their logical brain rather than their desire brain.
    that sounds like a good idea i will try that. thank you!
  • heidijo22
    Options
    I have the same problem!! Before starting to ge serious about loosing weight, i skipped breakfast, ate a lite lunch or skipped lunch then inhaleld dinner!! What has worked for me so far is to reward myself at the end of the day. If I have not skipped a meal, have exercised and I am under my calorie goal then I treat myself! I will have a weight wathcers dessert which is about 160-170 calories or a small block of dark chocolate with a tsp of peanut butter or sugar free jello with cool whip. O yeah and lots of water!! Hope this hellps!:flowerforyou:
    i like that you treat yourself with healthy snacks!!!